Chapter 24

Next few days later I have found a weapon room. I stood in the middle of the room, swaying my sword around me, letting the power of it soar through me as my eyes closed enjoying the static go through my veins.
    "Hello, huntress," a demon say as he walked in, human form, and he grinned at me.
     "Hi," I muttered and continued.
     I watched as he reached down and picked daggers up to toss at the targets across the room.
    "Want to try?" He asked noticing me watching. I lay my sword into its case with a sly smile and walked over. When I grasped the dagger, blackness trailed my veins and I gasped by how noticable it was. The demon looked over and smirked.
     "Demon power, usually harms nondemons, though its not harming you..."
    "Though you let me touch it," I muttered and he grinned
     "I heard you're  the chosen one. And I heard stories about the lost girl thats supposed to influence the master. One fact in the stories was that she is powerful, and can control anything and everything. Even fight with the demons," he said as he watched the dagger sending venom power through the veins in my arm. My eyes turned a bright violet as he looked back at my face.
     "Wasnt your eyes green?"
     Out of frustration  I through the dagger at the target with so much strength that it went right through the space the heart was supposed to be on the cardboard target.
     "Eyes changed color and strength, " he muttered before looking at me and I just screamed and through seven more daggers out of anger, without listening to him at all, I was mad. I dont know why I was mad I just am.
    "Speed and emotional....," he muttered then his eyes grew wide as he finally solved the silent question that has been bothering me.
     "Are you..."
      "DON'T," I hissed and he shut his mouth immediately.
      "I wont tell," he whispered and I scoffed.
     "I don't  know you, and you dont know me. You dont know what is going on and what you think.... is false....," I muttered and turned around ready to leave. The other symptoms  had surfaced, and I want to hide in my room.
    He grabbed my arm.
    "Just cause I'm  a demon and I'm  loyal to Lucifer, doesn't  mean I dont care about his lovers condition... if its actually true anyhow... I will protect you."
     "I dont need protection," I say harshly.
     "Maybe not but just know that even at your weakest moments you will never be alone. You will always be guarded, always be protected and safe."
    I looked up at him, my violet eyes blazing with tears and he sighed, pulling me to him as he held me in his embrace.
    "My name is Max," he says and I looked up at him.
    "Hello Max, Im Laina," I whispered, might as well start over and a friendship would rise between us.
    He gave me a grin.
    "I didnt know that you were pre-" I put a hand onto his mouth to shut him up.
     "I'm  not believing  til I show ok..."I whispered," I don't  want anyone to know also, the only that does is you and Dani, Luce doesn't,  not yet," I muttered and he nodded and I slowly let go of his mouth.
     "As I was saying, If I knew I wouldnt have gave you the demon dagger."
    I stared at him with wide eyes," Why, what will happen?"
     "I dont think itll matter since Lucifer but. Surely itll be half demon," he told me. The demon venom thats coursing through my veins could go through the baby's  veins as well.
    "Will the.. you know what... will be in danger?" I asked with my hand on my stomach and I sighed in relieve as he shook his head.
     "I don't  think so, not with hell anyways. I know damn well Hell's population  will protect and adore the prince or princess of hell, but the outside probably, unless we keep the... you know what... a secret and hidden," he told me.
     "Would you and Felix guard it with your life?"
      "Of course," he says and I smiled.
      I started shaking badly now and he noticed. He grabbed me before I fell to the floor unconscious.
     "Lucifer is not going to be happy with me as demon venom is coursing through you right now..." was all I heard before I blacked out.