Chapter 9

I was terrified as I just stood there, staring at a goddess before me. Man he is hot, but his eyes. Looking at his eyes as he continued to stare forward, they were still crimson.
    "So... whats your name if I may ask?" I whispered my question towards him, the silence was to much and I couldnt think of a way to kill the sudden silence.
    "You may call me Luce," He says then looks back up at me with a grin again.
    "Nice to meet you, Luce. But where am I?"
    "Home," he says and stands up, he walked towards me and my breath caught into my throat, he put a loose strand of hair behind my ear as he whispered," you are home."
    "This isn't  my house though..." I began and the frown then settled on his face.
    "Yes, that may be true, but then you moved out and now we live together," he lied.
    "Oh, I didn't  know we were close," I say and his grin widened a bit.
    "Yes, we have," Luce says.
    "How long have we been together, sorry, just trying to refresh my memory," I say, looking into his crimson eyes.
    "A while," Luce lied at my clueless self and I nodded accepting it.
    "Ok, Luce. I am hungry if you don't  mind getting me food?"
    "Of course," he says then walked towards the door. I watched him go, I sat onto my bed trying to regain memories of meeting him but came up blank. I couldn't  remember moving out, I couldnt remember leaving the club without Lilly. What had happened to me before I lost my memories?
   Oh my, the venom has erased  your memories
  Luce's voice from earlier echoed in my head. Though he didnt answer the questions I asked after he said that. What is he hiding and why am I having such a hard time remembering it.
   When my door opened a man walked in with a tray of food. He seemed frozen at the door when he saw me.
   I walked over to take the tray from him, "thank you..." I say and he wouldn't  stop staring and I looked at him confused. "Yes???"
     "Why are you here," he whispered.
     "What do you mean? I'm  home," I told his.
     Then his body started to glow, when I put the tray on the bed I turned to face him and stared at the glow surrounding him.
    "What?" He asked then black wings started to place on his back, folded down. His blue eyes turned to a darker blue.
   "Y-you.." I stammered as I trailed off into shock, the glow went away and there stood his true self. He looked at me confused now. "You're  an angel..." I whispered and he then looked down at the ground before he glanced back to me again.
    "No."
    "Yes you are," I say, and now stood before him and he tenced. I put a finger on his left wing and I noticed he shivered.
    "Please, don't  kill me, Huntress," he pleaded quietly and I stepped back confused and shocked by what he said.
    "Huntress? My name is Laina?"
    He looked at me confused again.
     "Laina?"
    I nodded, " yea my name is Laina, not huntress."
    "No I meant you're  a huntress," he says and I stepped forward again looking into his eyes.
   "Why do you say that as if its something I am?"
   "Cause you can see the supernatural, I'm  surprised you haven't  attempt to kill me yet," he muttered.
    "I will never kill a soul," I told him and he grimanced.
     "You will, cause your a huntress," he says
     "Stop saying that!" I exclaimed and he looked down at me, "I will never kill!"
    "I must go, but dear Laina; don't  lose yourself," then he turned and left shutting the door behind him as my mouth was agape  and not a sound escaped.

    As I ate my food, Luce finally came back in. I looked at him but looked down at the floor once again.
    "What's  wrong?"
    I looked at him now and he was surrounded with a grey glow.
    "Whats a huntress?" He looked at me surprised at the question I asked.
    "Who told you that?" His voice rose and a shiver went down my back.
   "I dont know, the angel did," he froze at my words,"what is it Luce?"
   "You can see who we are?"
   "Yes?" I was unsure of what hes getting at.
   The grey glow starts to swirl around him in patterns and I gawked at it amazed.
    "What is it? Luce asked
    "It's  beautiful, " I whispered very low and he smirked. "Why is yours the only thats doing all these amazing patterns?" He frowned at that
     "Am I glowing?" I nodded slowly.
     "Well this isn't  good.." he whispered.
    "What do you mean," I asked watching the designs circle around him then I looked into his eyes as he stared at me.
    He started to lean close and I let my breath go, waiting for him to kiss me. But then he backed away and got up.
    "Whats wrong?" I whispered.
    He blinked then looked down at me as I stayed on the bed.
    "I have to go," he muttered then left the room leaving me alone with my heart beating out of my chest.

    Hours flew by before my door opened and the same angel from earlier came in, though he wasted no time as he lay the tray on my bed and goes to quickly leave.
    I ran and shut the door before he could leave and he stopped and fear went through him.
    "What is a huntress?" I asked him angrily,  I was mad that he left without explaining  anything to me.
    He stood in silence for several minutes and when I don't  move as I kept glaring at him, he clenched his jaw then gave a slight nod.
    I put my hands to my sides now as he began," a huntress is a breed that hunts the supernatural. They are one of the most dangerous and evil breeds ever created and as thousands of years came by, they were extinct til you came along. As though your human self is still in tact you possible havent transforms yet," I was quiet , breathing heavy as I stared at him shocked. He grabbed my hand and motioned for me to sit down, " you were on a level where it has risen but Lucifer let a demon attack you and seemed that you lost your memories."
    "This lucifer must be an asshole then," I muttered  and a tiny grin appeared on his face before it went away quickly.
    "Though you have seen him," he says and I shook my head.
    "Only ones I met is you and Luce," I told him and his eyes widened in shock.
     "Noone but the high levels could call him by that name," he says.
     "Call who that name???" I looked at him confused once more.
     "Lucifer."