[16]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

The next morning

I walk outside of the sheriff's office after discussing Vicki's disappearance.

Elena and I stopping in our tracks when we see Stefan standing close by.

"Go, we'll meet up with you guys at the car," I say.

Jenna nods guiding Jeremy back to the car.

"You both okay?" He asks carefully approaching us.

I shrug in response.

"I don't think the sheriff suspected anything," Elena says, "Jeremy had no memory at all."

"All he knew was what Damon made him know," I say.

"Thank you," Stefan replies.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"I can't do this Stefan, and I don't think Dani can either," She tells him.

I sigh in agreement, "Everytime we look at Matt or Jeremy, all we think is about how Vicki is never gonna come back."

"And they'll never no why," Elena chips in, "Around you, people get hurt, and people die, and I just--i--its just too much."

Stefan looks at us in sympathy, "Why don't we go somewhere and talk about it?"

"No," Elena says, "Stefan, you have to stay away from me."

She walks away quickly, I place my hand on her shoulder.

"Elena, I know you don't want to talk with Stefan but I do. So I'm gonna meet you later, okay?"

She narrows her eyes between us before walking off to the car.

I turn to Stefan noticing his surprised expression, "So is there anywhere we could go talk?"

He nods leading me to the town square, the two of us sitting together on a bench.

"How are you feeling?" Stefan inquires.

"I'm alright I guess, just still trying to piece together what really happened," I say, "I mean I didn't really know Vicki that well but we grew up together and she was always nice towards me. Unlike Elena."