[48]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

I let out another groan hiking up this neverending mountain.

"You okay?" Klaus asks with a smirk, "Is Ray getting heavy?"

Stefan scoffs, "I'm fine."

Klaus laughs, "You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

"I wouldn't mind that," I chip in, extremely tired.

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend," Klaus states.

I roll my eyes, "Maybe it's 'cause he's a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer."

Klaus ignores me slapping Rays back, "Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There."

I come to a halt, looking around to see a dozen or so wolves camping and gearing up for the full moon tonight.

A woman rushes over to Ray as Stefan drops him to the ground, "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?"

Klaus smirks, "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

Woman stares in horror, "You're the hybrid."

Klaus smiles, "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

  »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««  

Several minutes later

Stefan, Klaus and I all sit down on some logs around a fire.

Klaus smiles explaining his idea of a future hybrid to the group, "It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."

At that exact moment Ray gasps awake.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic," Klaus says.

"What's happening to me?" Ray asks petrified.

Klaus gives Stefan a look.

The Salvatore stands up scanning the group, "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."