[8]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

I lay on my bed the next morning contemplating whether I should put on my cheerleading uniform or not.

My eyes flicker to my door where I notice Elena hovering.

"Thinking about quitting too?" She smiles.

I shrug, "Maybe. I don't know. I mean I'm not sure if it's who I am anymore."

Elena nods taking a seat on the edge of my bed, "I know where you're coming from. What happened in Spring it's changed all of us."

I close my eyes for a few moments before sitting up, "Yeah but for better or worse."

I then stand up walking over to the uniform shoving it into my closet pulling out a yellow dress instead.

"I think I'll wear this," I pose in front of my mirror with the dress.

Elena chuckles walking out of my room.

  »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Elena and I eventually arrive to the football match chatting away to fellow cheerleaders. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Stefan stepping over to us.

Elena grins, "Oooh, look at you. You look hot in your Jersey."

I roll my eyes at her flirting.

"What happened?" Stefan gestures to our absent uniforms, "No more cheerleading?"

I cross my arms, "We decided to quit. I just didn't feel like I could drift back to the girl I was."

Stefan smiles, "I understand."

Elena exhales deeply, "I'm a quitter."

Stefan steps forward placing a hand on Elena's shoulders, "No, hey, you're not a quitter. You lost someone who left a huge impact on you. Neither of you are the same person as you once were. You should be looking ahead. You should be starting over," he says, "Ok?"

I nod gently at him.

He then scratches the back of his head, "I hope you don't think this is too soon or too weird, but, I, uh, wanted you to have this," he says to Elena, passing her a little box.

"Oh, my God, it's beautiful," Elena says lifting the lid revealing a necklace.

"It's something that I've had forever, and, uh, I've never wanted to give it to anyone until now," he smiles widely clipping it around her neck.