[47]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

Three weeks later

Darkness had spread throughout the countryside, the stars twinkling brightly above me. Klaus's hand entwined tightly with mine pulling me over to a woman alone in her garden.

"Play along, Love," Klaus smirks speeding us in front of the unsuspecting woman.

She jumps in surprise her hand covering her heart.

Klaus chuckles, mimicking an American accent, "I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you."

The woman narrows her eyes at us, "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back," I explain leaning reluctantly into Klaus's side.

Klaus wraps his arm round my waist, "My fiancé and I have been walking forever and your house is the first we have come to.....So I was just hoping I could use your phone?"

"Don't you have a cell phone?"

Klaus's smirk falls, "Huh, yeah..." Taking out his phone, "Battery died."

The woman looks to me.

"Lost mine. You know one minute it was there. The next it was gone," I lie fluently.

Klaus rolls his eyes, "Look, I promise we're not a serial killers, we just wanna use your phone."

She sighs, "Sure."

"So, Can we come in?" Klaus asks hopeful. 

The woman shakes her head, "No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you."

Klaus becomes highly agitated dropping his fake accent, "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting."

"I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it," He states grabbing her by the throat, compelling her, "Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea."

She nods, Klaus turning to me, "Sweetheart why don't you go wait in the car?"

I sigh heading into the darkness up to our 'abandoned' car just up round the corner.

I go to open the passenger door when I hear a sickening scream echo in my ears. A stray tear falls down my cheek, disgust pitting in my stomach.