[15]

Dani's POV

Dani's POV

Elena and I drive back home in silence, rentering the house to find Jeremy leaving Vicki another voicemail.

"Hey," Elena greets Jeremy softly.

"So, um, Do you wanna hang out tonight?" I ask the both of them.

Elena smiles, "We could go to the, uh, Halloween thing at school."

"Mmh, it could be fun," I pretend with enthusiasm.

"Cool. Sure. Sounds, uh--sounds fun. Can't wait," Jeremy replies sarcastically.

"I know your upset about Vicki," Elena says, "I heard that she called Matt. But you can't be with her. She needs to get better. The best thing you can do for her is let her go."

"What does that even mean, 'let her go'? Oh, ok, sure since we are such experts on letting people go, right?" Jeremy replies.

"I know you may not see it, but trust me, Jer. It's for the best," Elena persuades.

"Look, for months after mum and dad died, I felt like crap, like 'nothing really even mattered' crap. Now all of a sudden, I get these moments, and things started to feel just a little bit better, and Vicki was in every single one of them. So you may not see it, but trust me. Keeping me away from her is not for the best," Jeremy argues storming off upstairs.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Music blares through the speakers, my feet walking down the corridor. Ironically I had dressed up as a vampire.

"You went with last year's costume, too, huh?" Matt says pointing at Elena and I's outfit.

"Yeah, we didn't know that we were coming until an hour ago," Elena smiles.

"Me neither."

Matt then turns to Jeremy, "And you're going as you?"

Jeremy glares trudging off into the crowd.

"He's not talking to us right now. We got into a fight," I inform Matt.

"Yeah, I got into a fight with Vic, too, when she got home."

I pass Elena a worrying glance.

"I'm trying not to annoy her tonight, but part of me didn't wanna let her out of my sight," Matt finishes.

"She's here?" I question with a shiver.