[59]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

The next morning

I jolt out my sleep hearing a commotion occuring downstairs. Quickly I get dressed rushing to the scene to find Elijah and Klaus in the living room.

"Elijah," I mumble in surprise.

He glances at his brother before looking back at me, "Ah Danielle. It's nice to see you. I take it my brother has been taking care of you."

I nod, "Of course. He let me stay here since I have nowhere left to go."

He throws a look of confusion, "What happened?"

I sighs, "Elena basically disowned me since I'm not really a 'Gilbert'. Clearly blood is thicker than water."

Klaus walks over to me, pulling me into a tight hug, "I'm sorry. Know you've always got a place here."

I smile catching Elijah's expression.

"C'mon, Love, let's go get you some breakfast. Then I want you to get ready for a dinner party tonight," Klaus smiles leading me to the kitchen.

I jump onto the counter, "So who's gonna be at this dinner?"

"Stefan and Damon," Klaus answers.

I freeze growling, "They can go to hell."

I get down, storming to the table to eat my food.

Klaus turns to Elijah, "Right, Brother, the Salvatore brothers left Danielle here, to die after our father tried to kill her."

Elijah glances at me in shock, "Danielle I'm sorr-"

I put my hand up, "Elijah, you Dad is an ass. Don't apologise on behalf of him. He wanted me dead, as I'm sure your mother would too."

He gives a pointed look, "What do you mean?"

I sigh, "You know why Elijah. Everyone wants him dead," pointing at Klaus.

He looks at me in realisation, "And anyone smart enough would know you are a means to destroy him."

I nod sadly, avoiding Klaus's gaze.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Evening