1 8

Filler alert!

"Do you think this dress is too out there?" Annika had put on a group video call to Sushant and Mallika at 8 pm on a Wednesday asking for opinions

"Why was I called now?" Sushant asked in a grouchy voice, but it was royally ignored.

"He's your husband, so no. But the place is kind of classy. So, I think you should go for a gown," Mallika spoke in one breath. Sushant groaned,

"I am cutting the call. Good night, you rodents."

"Don't dare!" Annika yelled and Sushant could only sigh. He had to sit through the girls going through every piece of clothing. It sometimes sucked being the only guy but he couldn't exactly complain. At one point, he was only staring at the wall while Annika had gone to take more clothes. He never quite understood how girls always complained that they never had anything to wear while he just saw Annika bring a year's worth of clothing. He saw Shivaay walk in,

"Umm... Hi Sushant! This is weird." Shivaay stood awkwardly in front of Annika's tab.

"No. Your wife is weird. Can you please go and choose something for her to wear on your anniversary? Mallika ran off somewhere and Annika is raiding her closet, but I apparently can't cut the call!" Sushant rolled his eyes and Shivaay looked at him sympathetically before his eyes widened.

"Anniversary? That's not until next week."

"You clearly don't understand women. By the way, did you get a gift yet? She made us go from shop to shop before she landed on something she liked... Actually more like, well, I can't tell you."

"I did get her something, but that doesn't exactly fall into the category of a 'gift'. So, I was thinking of getting her something else. Can you help me?" Was Shivaay scared, now? Bet your ass he was. Every day, Annika gave him a new shocker. And the pressure only kept increasing. He had to make sure the date was perfect and initially, he thought he could do it all by himself; but he wasn't so sure anymore. He was very grateful when Sushant agreed immediately. Rudra was leaving for college in a few days and they were going to go shopping for him anyway.

"Mallika, Sushant! Is this dress..." Annika stopped mid-sentence when she saw her husband who straightened up after he saw her.

"That won't be necessary because we are getting you new clothes." Shivaay turned to give Sushant a wink and Sushant took the cue, yelled a goodbye and cut the call. Before Annika could ask any questions, Shivaay dragged her to dinner.

"I didn't know we were supposed to dress up for dinner," Rudra asked as he looked at Annika who scoffed. But then, she had done a lot of embarrassing things in front of the family, so she was sure they were acquainted to all her personalities, albeit she did not intend for this to happen.

"Okay, now that you two are here, I want all your preferences for the party," Jhanvi said excitedly as she took out a notebook. Pinky immediately handed her a pen and the two looked at them eagerly.