0 7

"I'll go cook dinner?" Annika asked uncertainly

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I'll go cook dinner?" Annika asked uncertainly. If Shivaay was surprised, he didn't show it. He had assumed that he was going to do anything culinary because he knew Annika never stepped inside the kitchen. He nodded and left to his, scratch that, their room to resume with his work. About an hour later, he heard Annika call him.

"I've made masala poha!" She exclaimed in excitement, but the content in the bowl was rather a brown liquid. Shivaay concealed his disgust and smiled at her. It wasn't looking appetizing at all, but he didn't have the heart to tell her. Annika served for the two of them and sat down. Shivaay prayed to the highest powers and took a bite.

Maybe that was how death tasted like. His tongue and intestines seemed to burn on fire. His taste buds were probably disintegrated at the touch of the morsel. That thing probably had more salt than the sea. He tried not to gag. He saw Annika's face and immediately took a napkin and covered her mouth.

"Spit it out! Don't swallow." He commanded and she obliged. Annika looked at him apologetically.

"I swear I followed the recipe book!"

Shivaay chuckled. "It's alright Annika, lets order something. And from tomorrow, don't you dare step into the kitchen." He warned her and she nodded in dismay.

"I can help you chop right?" She asked hopefully. She was guilty for feeding him figurative shit.

"Pizzas will be here in some time baby!" Shivaay mumbled, looking at his phone and walked off...

*

Shivaay took the boxes and a bottle of coke and walked towards the den. Annika was fiddling with some cables. She managed to connect the projector and the sound system.

"Movie time!" She clapped excitedly, unaware of his presence. Shivaay cleared his throat and she looked at... Well, it was Annika! Why would she look at him if he had pizzas on his hand?

"What are we watching?" He settled down on the couch.

"I'm confused! The Exorcist, Get out or The Texas Chain saw Massacre?"

"Are we watching horror?" Shivaay tried not to look horrified. When she had asked if he would join her for a movie, he assumed she meant harmless rom-com. But here she was suggesting death! Who would watch 'The Exorcist' on a rainy night? And only the two of them were alone at the whole mansion!

"I guess the choice is 'The Exorcist'!" Annika connected in the pen drive and Shivaay decided he would never say yes again.

*

"Aaahhh!"

Annika remained unfazed and shook her head. This dude was screaming for probably the basic scary scenes, she didn't think he'd survive the whole film. He moved closer to her.