0 3

Shivaay carefully placed his luggage in the corner of his room

Shivaay carefully placed his luggage in the corner of his room. Annika's soft breaths were audible in the night's silence. He remembered Pinky telling him that if Annika was woken in the night, she wouldn't be able to sleep again. Hence, he made sure not a small sound was made as he tiptoed to his bed. He pulled the duvet, and it felt different. It was softer and cozy. He realized his room would have a lot of changes, and he'd have to be prepared to embrace them.

Annika shifted in her sleep. She hit something hard. She felt an arm encircled on her waist. Oh shit, someone was on her bed. She shut her eyes immediately. What if it was a rapist? What if it was a ghost! She slowly opened her eyes, there was definitely a man.

"Aaaaahhhh..."

Her scream made Shivaay wake up with a start. He switched on the light and saw his wife of eight months jumping on the bed with her eyes shut, and screaming at the top of her voice.

"Annika? Annika?ANNIKA!"

Annika slowly opened her eyes and registered the person in front of her. With ruffled hair, and half buttoned shirt, Shivaay Singh Oberoi looked hotter than ever. He looked sexy enough to give her inappropriate thoughts, especially involving his chest. Realizing that she was shamelessly gawking him, she looked in front of her. Her reflection in the mirror laughed at how horrendous she looked. She looked at Shivaay horrified, who now stood next to her on the bed, concerned. This man must be blind to be this unfazed of her looks.

"Annika? What happened?" Shivaay pulled her shoulders closer and looked at her. His blue orbs were looking at her with such intensity, that she had to look away. Realizing that he was holding her, he pulled back. The awkwardness crept in again. It was funny how they ended up right where they started.

"I didn't realize it was you. It thought it was a ghost or a serial killer." Annika bit her lips sheepishly. Shivaay blankly stared at her before he broke into fits of laughter. Annika, embarrassed to her roots, laughed along with him.

"I better go study now, I won't be able to sleep anyway." Annika got down the bed. Shivaay looked around his, correction, their room. She didn't make much changes. For instance, his grey and white curtains were now grey and yellow. His plain grey wall had a few pictures on them, with sunflowers stuck between the frames. And she added a few throws on his bed, and it made it look cozier. But that was a significant change, his room was much brighter.

Annika beamed with pride as she registered his reaction at his room's decor. She was extremely reluctant to even move a chair in the room, but Shakti wouldn't listen to her. She was nervous when Shivaay's arrival neared, she was close to bedecking it back to how it was.

"Where are you going?" Shivaay's question made her turn. She lifted her books and he spoke again, "You can study here Annika, it's not like I'm going to sleep anyway." He picked his phone and left the room.

*

Shivaay realized he had dozed off in the couch when he woke up to his mom screaming at Annika.