-35-

so who likes this story? I think i might end it because I'm not finding it interesting anymore :( it depends on if anyone likes it or not.
-
Elena seemed surprised by what she had confessed. Stefan was hurt. Caroline was angry. I was upset in general. No one except for Rebekah was happy. "What does any of this have to do with the stupid cure?" Caroline asked, crossing her arms. "You're right. Stefan, how do I find the cure?" She looked at Stefan, who refused to look up at her.

"There's a professor. He knows where the cure is." He told her. "Thank you. And, uh, where do I find this professor?"

Great.

She found out and walked out of the room. We didn't speak. We just couldn't. There weren't any good words for the situation. Rebekah had called Tyler to lure him here as well. But why? Because of his relationship with Caroline?

The door opened shortly. A man walked inside. He had short brown hair and bushy dark eyebrows that matched his dark brown eyes. His jawline wasn't as defined, but his chain was sharp. He wore a cunning smile and strutted with confidence over to Rebekah while looking at our table. "Sister...Look at this! You're even worse than Klaus."

"Kol, finally. Did you bring what I asked for?" Rebekah asked. He nodded. "Come on in, don't be shy." He called out. Shane stepped into the library. Kol rolled his eyes and sped over to him, then shoved him closer to the table. "You must be Shane," Rebekah smirked. "We'll be back. Don't leave, that'd really put a damper on things." She instructed, then walked out.

She returned a few minutes later. "Ahh, it's thick with tension in here. Let's spice things up a bit. Elena, truth or dare?" She asked, sitting down in front of the table. "We'd rather slam our tongues in a car door than play a game with you, Rebekah." I hissed. "Truth or dare, Elena. You're compelled. Answer." She ignored my comment. I hated that.

"Dare." She muttered. "I dare you to tell Stefan the truth about Damon." Rebekah shrilled. "Oh my fucking god, Rebekah. You can't be serious." I scoffed. "Shh, you had time to talk."

"She was compelled! It wasn't even her option to talk or not!" Stefan defended. "Oh, so you're defending her now? Elena, the dare." Rebekah snapped her fingers. "Being with Damon makes me happy. When I'm with him...it feels unpredictable, like I'm free." Elena told him. "And how do you feel when you're with Stefan?" Rebekah asked.

"I feel like I'm a project, like I'm a problem that needs to be fixed. I don't like feeling that way. I think I make him sad sometimes, and I can't be with someone like that, because when he looks at me, all he sees is a broken toy." Elena's eyes filled with tears. Rebekah smiled. "Do you still love Stefan?"

"Yes."

"Are you still in love with Stefan?"

"No."

Tears began to fall from her brown eyes. Stefan looked like he wanted to cry as well. "Did that hurt? Having someone you love drive a dagger through your heart?" Rebekah questioned Stefan. "Go to hell, Rebekah." I spat. She glared and looked back at Stefan, waiting for an answer. "Yes," Stefan replied. "Welcome to the last 900 years of my life."

The door swung open and Tyler Lockwood ran in. "Ah, good, you're here. It was just getting depressing." Rebekah clapped her hands together and got up. "What the hell is going on?" Tyler looked at us, his chest going up and down as he tried to catch his breath. "Listen to the rules carefully. Stay in the building, no vamp-running in the hallways." Rebekah explained. "Vamp-running from what?" I asked.

She turned towards Tyler and began compelling him. "Turn."