-19-

I HIT 1K READS OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD 5-14-2020 LETS GOOOO
-
He called Elena after a brief call with Connor. That wasn't fun at all, let me tell you that. and we began walking to the car. "What did you find out?" She immediately asked. "I can only make out the voices." He replied. "How many hostages?" Damon jumped in. "Three. But Elena, it's Matt and April Young." Stefan sighed. "What?!"

"Those two idiots, they're like danger magnets." I heard the oldest of us all mutter under his breath. "We have to get them out of there." Elena panicked. "Yeah, we know, Captain Obvious. We just need time." I rubbed my head. Stefan nudged my side. "Be nice." He mouthed. I cocked an eyebrow. "Please." He added.

"Well, the clock's ticking, River. Tick tock." Damon said. "You know, I could do without the colored commentary," I replied. Stefan hung up before we argued.

-

"Did you find the tunnel map?"

Stefan and I walked into Alaric's loft. "Got it. It was in his weapons drawer with seven stakes, some weird MacGyver crossbow, and the last remaining vervain in Mystic Falls, so how about we get this party started?" Damon smirked. "Not yet. Klaus is-" Stefan began. "Hey hey hey hey!" I frowned. Stefan and I rehearsed our news, well I did. I wanted to tell them. He facepalmed and extended his hand, telling me to go ahead. "Klaus is sending one of his men. He'll take the front, you and Stefan can take the tunnels. I'll follow." I pitched in.

"What?! When did we decide that?" Stefan stared daggers at me. "Right now. Connor has werewolf venom. We need someone to draw his fire, the hybrids are immune to it so they're our best bets." I explained. "Well, how are you sure that he even has werewolf venom? Why is Klaus involved, Stefan?" Damon asked. "Stop being paranoid, Damon," Stefan warned, turning around. He was grabbing a vervain dart and I was the only one who knew. "Start telling the truth, Stefan. Why is Klaus involved? Did he compel you? Did he compel him, River? What's going on?" His brother continued. "No. He didn't compel anyone. Calm your man tits. This is the best way to get everyone out." I placed my hands on my hips, getting aggravated by his repetitive questions.

"Okay, what is with you two? We're wasting time." Elena checked her invisible watch. "We had sex. Anyway, screw your plan. I'll kill Connor myself." Damon began walking out. Elena gasped at his news and stared at me in disbelief. "Damon!" I scoffed. Stefan sped at him and stabbed him in the neck with the vervain dart. He lowered him to the ground and Elena let out another gasp. I grabbed Damon's phone. "Why are you doing this?" Stefan's girlfriend whined. "Damon had the right idea with the tunnels." I began. I opened up the picture of the map on Damon's phone. "I'm not gonna go in there if I can't count on him to do it my way." Stefan grabbed the device from my hands.

"If you can't count on him? You just had your ex vervain him... Do you even know what they did? Damon and River had-" Elena extended her arm, beginning to wave them around. "We get it, Elena! Can we not have this discussion right now?!" I groaned. "You two work out whatever this situation is. I'm going to the car. If you aren't there in two minutes, I'm going. We're getting the job done, got it?" I looked at the couple. My eyes darted back and forth. Stefan nodded and tossed me the keys.

-

Stefan brought me to the old Lockwood cellar. He called Mystic Grill in order to get in contact with Connor. We descended the stairs quickly with a pickaxe and shovel. "I want you to free the hostages," Stefan demanded the Hunter. "I'll free them as soon as you give me what I want. You and everyone like you dead." The man grunted. His voice was rough and raw. He was genuinely determined. Then again, it is his task. "What? So your hunter's mark can grow?"

There was a stunned silence from Connor. I was fearful of his reaction. "Yeah, I know all about that. What it means, what you are...Listen, if you free the hostages then you and I can have a little chat. I'll even tell you about the Brotherhood of the Five."