-11-

"So what is the Five?"

I was sitting on Stefan's bed, catching him up on the previous events. "The Brotherhood of the Five, or simply The Five for short, is a group of five of gifted vampire hunters. They have some tasks they need to do using the tattoos on their bodies called the Hunter's Mark." I informed, picking up a picture from the box in front of me. It was a picture of me. My hair was quite long. I remember it being so long, it ended right below my back. It now fell right below my shoulder. My hair was much curlier and yet still nauseating to look at. "You kept a picture?" I smiled, looking up at my friend.

"Yeah, of course." He sat down in front of me and I moved next to him and placed the picture between us. "Feels like a lifetime ago, huh?" I sighed. He nodded. "So what were your goals back then, Stefan? We never really discussed those things." I pondered. "Well...I thought you and I were gonna get married. We'd travel the world for a while, then settle down. I thought we were soulmates." Stefan let out a mixture of scoff and laugh. "Yeah...yeah, me too," I muttered. I pulled the box back over and placed the picture back inside.

"Well, this is cute."

I looked over at the door. Damon was leaning against the doorframe in a black shirt and matching jeans. He was smirking and seemed overjoyed with the fact he caught us reminiscing on something we shared. He had a box on his shoulder, but it didn't affect him. In fact, he didn't even seem to remember. "What's in the box, Damon?" I questioned. "Some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunter's RV. May he rest in peace. I'm searching for a supernatural handbook." He walked over and placed the items on the end of the bed.

"And you know for a fact that he was a part of this 'Five' group?" Stefan looked at me. I nodded. "The guy magically appeared just as someone blows up the entire Founders Council. He's covered in a tattoo that apparently only Jeremy Gilbert-" I was interrupted. "-Of all people." Damon scowled. "--seems to be able to see. I mentioned something about him being one of The Five. Then he kamikazes himself with explosives. Sound natural to you?" I sassed. I crawled closer to the box and looked in.

"Yeah, what is the Five anyway?" Damon's phone cut me off before I could reply. He held up a finger as he answered. "Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff." His face fell. "What? That's...concerning. Keep me posted." He hung up and looked at me expecting me to continue. "What? You're not gonna tell us?" Stefan raised his eyebrows. "Can't tell you. Private. We're in a fight." Damon looked at his brother. "Uh, you two are in a fight. Me? Nope." I raised my hands in surrender. "I'm not in a fight, I'm over it, I've been over it." Stefan scowled. "Not still mad at me about Elena?" Damon looked confused.

"Jesus Christ, no offense, but is she always the subject of your conversations? And Damon, you're the one who offered your wrist to his doppelgänger girlfriend. He's earned the right to be mad--pissed, even." I stood up. "Where are you going?" Damon groaned. "It's been a while since I've hunted. Unless you want me weak the next time this hunter comes around, I'm going to eat." I began walking towards the door. "Wait!" Damon called. I turned around. "They didn't find any remains at the explosion site." He sighed. "So Connor's still out there. You two better get on that then." I advised. I continued walking.