-9-

"Klaus is here?!" I mouthed. My heart was racing. There was no way. How could I have not realized he'd be here with Rebekah? I got up. "Klaus? Where's Tyler?" Damon asked, slipped the shirt on. "Tyler's otherwise occupied, making big decisions about honesty and whatnot. Is there anything I can do?" The Original pondered. "I'm going after the vampire hunter, so if he'd like to join...?" Damon offered. "He wouldn't. I, however..." Klaus pondered. "Great, River and I can't wait."

I smacked the back of Damon's head. "Ow!"

"You dick!" I exclaimed, forgetting Klaus was on the other side of the phone. He chuckled. "I see Rebekah failed to wipe your memories. How are you doing, love?"

"Looks like we've gotta go. See ya." I hung up and faced Damon. "I've never seen you this on edge." He smirked. "Oh, excuse me for being standoffish around an Original vampire that I'm not supposed to remember in the first place." I glared. "Yeah, what happened, anyway? How come Stefan didn't remember him until Klaus let him but you-"

"I left before they could compel me. I remember Klaus because he and I spoke at the bar and he bought me a drink. He compelled me to dance with him and then I watched him and Stefan bond and such. I was going mad after being there all night, so I just watched and waited to leave. Klaus was persuading Stefan to be rude and he threatened to compel me to--I just don't like Klaus, okay? When did he even get here?" I frowned. "A while ago. Don't worry, he isn't gonna hurt you. Not without drinking a cup of tea first with his fellow Britain." Damon teased. "You're still a bully, huh...what was the nickname?" I pretended to think. "No no no! I will throw you to Klaus in a second, River!" He laughed, backing towards his keys. "Day..."

"No, River!"

"Damie! Damdam! Day Day!" I continued to blast out different nicknames I had given him. "Stop stop stop stop!" He walked backwards towards the door, acting as if I was punching his shoulders and chest. For every nickname, he'd move his shoulders to the side or sink his stomach in. "Damily-"

"Yeah, where did that one even come from?" We were now walking down the stairs. "I don't even know, I think I just made it up." I snickered. "Well never say 'Damily' again. I think I need to barf." He shuddered. I nudged his shoulder as he opened the front door.