Chapter 98

*****

*****

He opened his eyes and stared back at her. Deianeira wanted to talk to him, but she got interrupted when he got up and hugged her tight. He did not speak, he only held onto her.

Dei: Have you had a nice dream, my love?

Dr: I had the worst nightmare where I hurt you and treated you awfully. I'm sorry.

Dei: It's all in the past now.

Dr: I'm sorry.

His embrace tightened, as if afraid she would run away. He had felt Eden by the tent, but he could not let go of her just yet.

Dr: I am back now. You did well.

Dei: How are you feeling?

Dr: Reborn. All your energy and blood helped me recover, but I am still hungry. I crave my priestess right now.

Dei: All yours.

Ml: I guess you don't need me here anymore.

Dei: Stay with Rihanna. I still feel her worried about us.

Deianeira kissed Darion passionately as he gnawed his fangs in her neck sipping slowly. For the last couple of days, both Darion and Ramisu kept feeding from both Deianeira and Elain, having realized that only one of them was not enough to put an end to their hunger. After a discussion with the witches and Alyssa, they all came to the conclusion that the process of feeding them their blood and turning them into pures was similar to that of turning a human into a vampire. Though there was no sire bond to control them, Darion and Ramisu needed their blood for a few days and the reason they had gone wild being the absence of the other priestess's blood. They were soon about to find out that their connection had deepened and whenever the girls got hurt, they felt it twice as painful as before.

Amel felt two witches approaching his tent in a rush and he stood up waiting for them.

'My Lord, our cloak was compromised.'

Amel starred back at them in shock.

Am: How did this happen?

Darion shook Deianeira up, but she did not open her eyes. He felt her drifting apart in her sleep and he knew right away that feeling. He had felt it before when Deianeira had left in search for Elain. To Ramisu, on the other hand, it was the first time he felt Elain falling in that void. When he saw there was no chance waking her up, he rushed to Deianeira's tent and,s eeing her in the same state, he understood he could only wait. 

Both Deianeira and Elain opened their eyes and found themselves in front of the three gates. Dark shadows filled the afterworld, as the angels, too bright to look at, kept them away from what seemed like a crack to the human world. Everything was a mess, chaos had taken over. The Gates of Hell were still open, the Angels keeping the spirits inside, but it was a struggle to send the escaped spirits back. There was no boat coming, the farer guided no more souls and they could see beyond the river hundreds of souls waiting to cross over.