As soon as Amel and the girls were left with no one to fight against, they joined their men using the same tactics. Unlike Amel who had enough experience and maturity, the girls felt too soon drawn of energy, as they had never used their powers for such a long time and at such an extent. As soon as they realized they would soon be useless if they continued to rely on their powers, they took their sword and bow and did what they knew better; they fought side by side with their loyal subjects. With the help of her barriers of energy, Deianeira managed to get back part of her energy, but, before she could help Elain, they had already been separated by the chaos. Their shouts echoed through the marshes, they tripped and fell on each other. Those who fell in the marshes could not be helped anymore, as their heavy bodies sank in an instant. Blood mixed with mud, as the rain limited their visibility.

Shouts of agony, of panic, of anger, opponents covered in mud, some could not tell the opponent from the ally. When the rain dropped in intensity, there was a sudden silence, as the vampires grabbed their wounds, almost panting and leaning on the trees, or falling on the ground. It was the calm before the storm; before the arrow storm. The silence was a killing noise. In a minute, the sky coloured in red and black with arrows flying from everywhere. Deianeira and Malior only got to look at Terrion and Elain, as they tried to outrun the arrows. Holding on to her wounded right arm, Deianeira signaled Malior to go.

Ml: I won't leave you here.

Dei: I can handle. Go gather the others. The rain will start pouring again pretty soon.

With a sing of her hand, high walls of fire were lifted by her, stopping the arrows in their path. She kneeled on the ground, one arrow hitting her in her other arm. Malior lowered the last arrows with his. Elain was running with Terrion and she felt she could no longer keep up with him, when a lightning stroke a tree next to her, falling. Without a second thought, Elain jumped to her left, only to land on the edge of a marsh. She was wavering across it, trying to find her balance, but she was too tired from the fight and her wounds were still bleeding. It all lasted a couple of seconds, as she fell towards the marsh. She was prepared for the fall when a tight grip pulled her right back on her feet.

Tr: You should have told me you cannot keep up. I outran you.

She held on to his arm and could not have felt more grateful to Terrion.

Ela: Thank you. One more second and...

Tr: My duty here is to serve and protect you. I do not intend on breaking my vow. I see Deianeira lifted the wall of fire again, buying us some time.

Ela: That fool. She will drain herself.

Tr: She can steal from nature, right?

Ela: I am not sure there is anything else here to steal from.

Elain quickly grabbed him by the shoulder and pushed him aside and stuck her sword in the heart of the vampire that had aimed at Terrion.

Tr: Now I have to thank you.

Ela: Let us call it even.

Before they realized it, Elain and Deianeira had distanced themselves from Darion and Ramisu, who were now out of sight. The countless attacks kept them from reaching out to them. Darion, Ramisu and Eden were all fighting side by side, as rain started falling from the sky.

Ed: This is clearly a bad joke.

Eden slashed the head of a vampire. With his back against him, Darion grabbed a vampire by the neck and threw him in the tree next to where Ramisu ripped the heart of another one.

Dr: This is a disaster. We are way too scattered and, as much as we try to push them back to the center, the more they push us back. Ramisu, can you throw my sword?