Chapter 6

Liam's POV

I wake up and moan. "And he awakens," a feminine voice says.

I open my eyes and see Kat next to me with some Advil and water. I take it.

"Why is everything so intense?" I say, squinting my eyes. She hands me a pair of sun glasses.

"Remember how I told you I was going to make you loosen up?" I nod.

"Well, I got you take about 10 shots, four beers, and a bottle of rum. All in all, you got completely shit faced." I groan even louder.

"Please tell me I didn't do anything too stupid?"

She chuckles, "Well, you tried to make out with me."

I face palm, "I'm sorry." She puts her hand to shut me up.

"That was, until I let you." I gape at her.

"You did?" I swallow. She nods.

"I was pretty wasted myself. But then Zayn punched you in the face. That's how you got a black eye." I start blushing and she laughs.

"It's okay, blushy. I forgive you. Just don't do it again." She pinches my nose and walks out.

"Well, that was embarrassing," I mumble to myself and fall back asleep.

Zayn's POV

I woke up with a serious hangover. I grab my shades and put on clothes. I walk out of my room the same time Kat walks out of Liam's room. Again, a pang goes off in my chest. She has her shades on, too, so I almost missed her wink at me.

"Just taking care of a forgetful Liam."

"What?"

"I'll take you out for breakfast and explain to you then." She puts out her hand and I take it.

We walk to the pier, hand in hand. Never have I ever been so aware of her hand in mine before. This is so strange. We've always held hands before in high school but I've never felt this way before. We sit down in a booth and she lets go, leaving my hand cold. We order and eat, then start walking to the park.

"What happened last night?"

She laughs, "I can't believe you don't remember, either! Seems like me and Niall are the only ones that can hold our liquor."

I stick out my tongue at her, "Yeah, yeah."

"Anyways, we all got pretty hammered last night and Liam decided to make out with me," she says, searching my eyes for a reaction.

"Wow. So, what, are you two going out now or something?" I spit out. She smiles at me and laughs.

I look at her confused as she replies, "No, you punched him in the face and gave him a black eye." Yes! 10 points in confidence."Oh! Look! We're at the park!" She grabs my hand and runs to a stray soccer ball.

We play all afternoon until it gets dark outside. We head back to the hotel.

"Where were you guys?" Niall asks.

"We were hiding!" Kat says covering her face. Louis chases her around the floor and she runs into my arms. "Hide me!" she squeals and hides behind me, hugging my torso with her face on my lower back.

"Where did Kat go?" Louis asks. I point in the opposite direction and he runs right into Harry. We all crack up.

As I stare at Kat giggling on the floor, I realize something scary. I'm falling for my best friend.

Kat's POV

When we get back up and compose ourselves, Zayn can't stop staring at me. "Is there some crap on my face or something?" I ask. He just shakes his head, his eyes wide. "Well, get ready for the party. We're leaving in about 30 minutes. Zayn and I will be the sober ones for today," I announce to the group. Zayn gives me an evil grin because he knows that I'm probably going to start drinking as soon as we get there.

I go back to my room and slip into a black and blue dress we got while shopping. I slip on some heals and the 10 bracelets Louis made for me.

I head down stairs way before the boys are ready and just wait there, admiring my quirky bracelets. I wait another half our outside in the cold wearing barely anything, leaning against the wall with one foot up. Then I hear five familiar voices from inside the lobby coming my way.

"It took you guys long enough," I say and turn towards them. But all I see is one face. One face I've known now for over six years. One face I can't get enough of. One face that I know I'm falling for because I gasp when I see it. That face belongs to my best friend.

Zayn's POV

When I see Kat there, just stuttering for something to say, me and the boys can't help but gasp. She's wearing a slim blue corset with a black short skirt. Her hair is wavy like when she used to wear it natural before high school. All the good features of her are magnified in this one outfit.

"You look gorgeous, Kat," I say. This snaps her out of her trance.

"You don't look to bad yourself," she says nodding to the five of us, never breaking eye contact.

"Well, we aren't going to stand here all night, are we?" Niall cuts in.

"C'mon, Horan! Let's go!" she yells. Niall jumps on her back and she carries him away.

"Damn, that girl is fit," Harry whispers to me.

"No kidding," I say, watching her and Niall's disappearing figures.

"She can carry Niall! While wearing heals!" Liam points out.

"You think I should dance with her tonight?" Harry asks.

"NO!" I yell, way too loud.

"Oo! Zayn's got a crush! EVERYBODY! ZAYN LIKES..." I muffle Louis's last words.

"Shut up! She might hear you!" I take my hand off of his mouth, glancing around.

"That's why you punched Liam last night! You got jelly," Harry says, giving me the dumbest look he could muster.

I punch his arm, "Shut up you doofus!"

They tease me the rest of the way to the club. We take out our fake ID's Kat gave us and walk into the congested with people that smell like alcohol and smoke. Kat waves us over to the bar. I order us a round of shots.

"To being young!" Kat shouts.

"To being young!" we all shout in unison. We knock back our shots and then all goes crazy.

After 10 shots Kat was completely hammered. I didn't really mind, though, because she was grinding on me while her legs were wrapped around my waist. We were dancing to the music like this for a while, when suddenly she stops.

"Zayn, I'm going to be sick." She gets off of me and runs to the bathroom. I run after her and pull back her hair as she vomits in the loo. I rub her back. Eventually she stops and gives me a thankful look.

"Can you take me back to the hotel now? I'm sleepy," she asks. I nod my head and carry her up to her room. I remove her shoes and kiss her forehead.

"Good night, Johnny," I whisper.

Her eyes slowly close and I hear a faint, "Good night."

This chapter was nice and sweat. Zayn and Kat finally admitted that they liked the other. No, the story won't be a drama with one not telling the other about their feelings. That's way to cliche for my taste. Instead, something juicier will be revealed! Mwa ha ha!   >:D

Love, aSimpleWallflower   <3

P.S. It truly warmed my heart when I saw that someone was actually reading my story, so thank you to whoever you are! Message me and I might put you in a future story!