Chapter 2

A loud ringing goes off next to my head.I crack open my eyes and unlock my phone. "Vas Happenin?" a loud, perky voice screams through the phone.

"Damn it, Wayne. I was sleeping!"

"What? But I'm waiting for you at the Graduation! It starts in like 30 minutes!"

"Well, shit! I'll be there soon! Try not to bring too much attention to yourselves," I warn. I don't need some girl flirting with the boy she most likely made fun of years ago.

I hurry up, brush my teeth, and slip into a purple dress that starts off short in the front and gets longer in the back. It reminded me of a purple mullet. I slip on the blue gown and cap, and then grab my skateboard. I grab a pair of black heals on the way out and skate for my dear life, almost causing multiple accidents.

As I reach the school, I sprint across the lawn and into the back part of the gym. I slip into the heals and stand in between my two teammates from soccer.

We slowly inch forward, going one at a time. I feel seriously bad for the kids with the last name begining with "W". After over an hour of waiting, it's my turn to go on the stage. Five loud cheers are the only claps I get. Those five are the only ones that matter.

I walk slowly, pause for a picture with my principle, and walk off. Then we throw our caps in the air. As soon as we are allowed to leave I sprinted out. Well, I did that weird jog run thing because I didn't want to trip on my stupid dress.

I got on top of one of the tables, searching the crowd for a familiar face. I see a waving hand inching closer. "Kat! Over here!" I sprint over to the hooded figure and give him the biggest hug of my life. I squeeze, tears coming to my eyes.

"I missed you so much, Zaynster! This past year really sucked without someone to enjoy it with," I say, pouting at him.

Under the hood, I see his eyes twinkle, "I know, but now I'm here."

I am about to reply when I get knocked to the ground from behind. I let out a big "Oof!"

"We're so proud of you, Kat!" Niall yells in his familiar Irish drawl.

"Get off of me, you pyschos!" I laugh, wriggling out from underneath them.

This is the first time I've ever really met the boys face to face. It's also the first time since Zayn left that he's seen me. During the X-Factor, when he was allowed to visit home, I just happened to be out of time. Perfect timing, eh? I was torn up about it, especially because I had to tell him something really...surprising.

I snap out of day dreaming when Louis screams while jumping up and down, "Did you hear us? We cheered super loud when you got on stage!"

I just chuck my hat at him. "Calm down, you hyper rabbit!"

The boys just laugh as Louis pretends like he just got shot.

"C'mon lads. Let's take the lass home," Niall chirps in.

We barely even get down the street when I feel something large and heavy jump on my back. "Pony!" Harry yells. I grab his thighs and start running down the street. I laugh hysterically because he starts yelling random words in a southern drawl, yelling, "Howdy y'all!" to just about everyone we pass.

We finally get to my door. I take them straight to my room, making sure the boys don't go to the backyard. I sit on my bed next to Zayn, leaning my head on his shoulder. Harry decides to look for any lingerie that I have, which isn't a lot. Niall has gone downstairs for food. He probably won't find a lot here. Louis and Liam just sit on the carpet in front of me.

"So, Kat, we have something to tell you..." Zayn starts.

Niall walks in with a bowl of cereal. Mouth full, he asks, "Shouldn't you start packing? The car will be here anytime, now."

"What? Car? Where are we going?" I look at Zayn, giving him an annoyed look. He knows I'm impatient just like how he is sometimes unforgiving.

"Zayn didn't tell you? You're coming with us on tour around America!" Niall shouts.

"Oh my gawd! Are you serious! I swear, if you're joking..."

"Well, if you don't want to come, it's fine," Zayn says, acting nonchalant. "Ouch! What was that for?" he asks, rubbing the arm I just socked.

"Give me 20 minutes to pack and I'll be done," I say.

"Harry! You hear that? It only takes her 20 minutes to pack!" Louis yells.

"Oh, shut up, carrot head," Harry says, putting my underwear in his pocket. No worries. I'll just steal it back later.

In the 20 minutes I was able to pack 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of sweat pants, my soccer and basketball shorts, about 10 tank tops, 10 shirts, 4 bras, all my underwear, a pair of black and white Vans, the heals I had on earlier, and my bathroom stuff. My room is practically empty except for my sport trophies in the closet and my endless supply of books. Whatevs, there is bound to be more in America.

I bring down my duffel bag and toss it in the back of the car. I take a seat in between Zayn and Liam. The car starts and I drive away from my old life and into a new one.