38.

t h i r t y - e i g h t

The breaking of dawn was taking place, silhouettes of birds flying up in the sky that was splashed with the colors of gold and orange, people walking down the pavement while talking with their friends, and some were inside their cars jamming to a song playing on the radio.

Inside a convenience store were loads of snacks, soft drinks, grocery items, newspapers, and magazines. With lights hanging on the ceilings, the beeping sounds coming from the cashier, and the door opening then closing ; Taehyun makes his way inside of the store. His phone over his ear as he walks towards the aisles of chips.

"Yeah, they have nachos here," He says while examining the chips. After hearing what the other said on the call, he nods, "Alright. Nachos it is then."

Grabbing two packs of nachos, he proceeds to the convenience store refrigerators to buy them drinks. Lots of sodas, juices, and bottles of water were being cooled inside. Taehyun opens one of them as he leans forward, letting the cold air hit his delicate skin, "Let's see... there's Coke, Sprite, oh! and Yakult."

"Is there grape juice?" Huening Kai asks from the other side of the call.

Taehyun halts, his mind drifting away as he remembers something.

"Hyunnie, look! I want a bottle of grape juice!" Beomgyu squeals excitedly as he points a bottle of grape juice from the convenience store's refrigerator.

Chuckling towards the little one's cuteness, he shakes his head in disbelief as he approached him, "Okay, okay. We'll buy a bottle."

"Yes! You're the best, Hyunnie~"

Slapping himself back to his senses, he could hear the cashier calling him, so he turns to face her.

"Hey, red haired guy by the refrigerators!"

Taehyun looks at her while arching a brow, "Yes?"

"If you're not going to get anything from the fridge, then can you close it? You're wasting electricity," The girl frowns as her hands landed on her hips.

Blushing out of embarrassment, Taehyun bows as an apology, "Damn it."

He quickly grabs a bottle of grape juice, and closes the fridge. Slowly walking towards the cashier to pay for everything, while the girl is swiping all of snacks, Huening Kai started speaking from the call again.

"Oh, yes? I'm still here, Hyuka," Taehyun says, a sigh following right after.

"Are you on your way here yet? I'm hungry~" Obviously whining, Taehyun chuckles.

"Wait a little longer, Hyuka. I'll be right there," Taehyun says and ends the call. Looking up the cashier girl, he smiles and asks for the amount. After paying, he grabs the plastic bag and was about to leave when he heard the girl speak, so he turns to look at her again.

"You seem familiar," Said the girl, her doe eyes looking straight at the red haired boy.

Taehyun archs a brow as he looks down her name tag, "What are you saying, Chaeryeong?"

Her muscles clenched as she felt herself freeze, "How'd you know my name?" She asks, squinting her eyes in confusion.

Pointing at her name tag, Taehyun smiles, "Name tag."

"Oh," Chaeryeong nods. She looks at him again, "Anyways, aren't you that red haired boy who always came here with someone? You know, that black haired boy who was so cute," Chaeryeong grins as she rested her elbows on the table and her chin above her knuckles.