Blood...every time I look at him... all I see is his clothes coated in blood and the sound of his sadistic laughter replaying in my mind over and over again.

"NO! Stay away, please, get away from me. Don't come near me, help! Someone please help, get him away from me," I screamed in terror as soon as Arosio began to take a few steps towards me. His brothers stood behind him in shock and I could see sympathy flash across their gazes as I averted their eyes and refused to look at Arosio.

The room stilled as Arosio's footsteps came to a sudden halt and I could practically feel the rage radiating off of him. Little Elijah began to squirm in my arms but I unconsciously held him tighter and shielded his eyes and ears from that monster.

"Tesoro, please listen to me," a few moments of silence ensued before Arosio began to plead with me but by now the fear I felt of him was too much and my body began to tremble even more in fear as the heart monitor machine beside the bed beeped rapidly.

"With all due respect, I think it would be better for the patient if you left the room Mr. De Luca," Dr. Santiago stated in a timid voice as she took a slow step forward and shielded me away from Arosio's line of sight.

"Yeah, bro. Let principessa rest first. Let's leave her alone for a bit," Alanzo let out a nervous laugh as Adriano hummed in agreement before slowly approaching me and taking Elijah out of my arms. I wanted to protest but froze when I noticed the slightly red marks around Elijah's pale arm.

I had been in so much fear when Arosio stepped into the room and accidentally held Elijah too tightly. Before I could apologize, a gunshot rang through the room, making my frightened gaze snap up to Arosio in pure shock and horror.

"Finally. Do I really need to use this just to get my own wife to look at me?" Arosio's hard voice penetrated the silent room with his darkened gaze fixed on me as I quickly lowered my eyes back to the floor. It was only for a brief moment but I could see the anger swirling in his dark orbs and it reminded me of when I first met him.

"Now the rest of you, get out. I would like some privacy with my wife, and I will not repeat myself," Arosio threatened as he held the gun up and I cried even more when Doctor Santiago immediately left the room with a surprised Alanzo and Adriano in tow. They had probably never thought that their older brother would point his gun at them.

My mind was going crazy while I glanced around the room, looking for an escape route. Before Arosio could even approach the bed, I had practically jumped off of it and backed away from him.

"No...stay away... get away from me!" I screamed in fear as he slowly stalked towards me, his darkened gaze never leaving my terrified eyes and his jaw clenched in anger. My eyes slowly trailed to his hand that held his gun as I gasped before my back hit the wall behind me.

I kept my gaze fixed on the floor and stiffened instantly when Arosio's designer black shoes stopped right in front of me. His hand slowly lifted up to caress the side of my face, making me shut my eyes tightly before flinching back in fear. It was a light touch but it made my skin crawl in disgust.

"Don't...just don't...ever touch me," my lips trembled in fear as I mustered up the courage to utter such words but quickly regretted it when Arosio let out an animalistic sound before tightly gripping my chin and pulling it up so that our eyes met.

"You saw one thing, just one thing and all of the love you had for me disappeared? Just like that? You won't even give me the chance to explain my actions, Katerina?" Arosio whispered darkly as he leaned his forehead against mine and gently cupped my face in his hands.

No...that's not true...I still...I still love...

Before I could sort through my own feelings, my body completely froze up in terror as that poor man's empty eyes replayed in my mind after Arosio had given him hope and then shot him dead in front of me. I immediately pushed Arosio away from me before falling to the ground and wrapping my arms around my body to protect myself against him.