Chapter 2

As-salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Hope everyone is doing fine! Here goes Chapter 2 ⬇️

••—••—••

<Edited>

~*Wedding day*~

Afaan's PoV

"Afaan brother! Mum is calling you" Zaina, my younger sister said.

I was decorating the groom, my older brother, Sayyid's room as today was his marriage. I scattered the rose petals on the bed and the floor and I let the helium-filled balloons float up to the ceiling of the room and it was looking damn beautiful. I have to say that.

I can't believe that Sayyid finally decided to get married, guess what! He might probably have found the girl he was looking for, his type.

I never saw her in person as I was not here, I was out of the station but when I heard the news that my big bro has decided to marry, I took the first flight to reach here a week ago. I thought it might be some kind of prank but Newsflash!! It wasn't.

Anyways! I know a lot about her because every day Sayyid bro told me many things about her like Sana this, Sana that and I saw the one thing that was missing in Sayyid's life; Love. I saw the adoration, the awe in his eyes whenever he talks about her and I am happy for him.

I don't think I would have known her so well if Bayi hadn't talked about her this much.

"Bro!" Zaina exclaimed waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh yeah, Zaina. What were you saying?" I said.

"You were zoned out, Brother. Lost in someone's thoughts I guess" she said in a teasing manner.

"What can I do about you shortcake," I said after sighing and tapped her forehead slightly. She swatted my hand away and gave me her famous death glare.

"Don't call me shortcake brother. I am not that short" she groaned.

"Jokes apart Zaina, are you accepting the fact that you are short or I overheard" she grimaced.

"Okay tell me what were you saying. I mean you came here for a reason, right?" I asked knowing that she probably came in here for a reason.

"Oh yeah!" She exclaimed slapping her forehead. "I forgot, Mum is looking for you," she said.

"Ok, just a minute, I am coming but first let me put this 'JUST MARRIED' sign above the bed," I said.

"No, Mum has been waiting for you for the last 20 minutes. Now come on brother" she said grabbing my sleeve and dragging me with her.

***

Zaina opened the door and we both entered in. Mum was sitting on the bed.

"Afaan, Zaina, come in my children," she said.

"Yes Mom, you called?" I asked her.

"Yes actually Zaina, I wanted to show you the jewellery I and your Dad bought for your sister-in-law and Afaan can you please call Sayyid. I tried calling him so many times but he's not receiving my calls"

"But where is he Mum?"

"He had some urgent work at his office"

"Oh alright, I will just drive there and bring him home with me. Don't worry Mum"

"Thank you very much, son and why are you standing at the threshold Zaina. Come in and take a look at this beauty"

Mum said rotating the jewellery boxes towards Zaina.

I was about to leave for Sayyid when there was a noise of slamming the door downstairs. We all exited the bedroom quickly and saw Sayyid entering his room.

"We told him not to use his bedroom today. This guy!" Mumma said shaking her head disappointingly at the scene.

"It's okay mom and anyways, the decoration is not completed yet," I said trying to cheer up her mood.

She sighed.

"As you say Afaan"

~*2 hours later*~

"Sayyid... Brother, open the door. Come on dude how much more time will it take you to get ready? Plus we haven't even fully decorated your room yet. Come out fast" I said but the only reply I got was pure silence and it got me worried.

What is he doing in there for so long!

"Sayyid?" I knocked on the door loudly this time.

"Did he came out yet? How much time will he take to get dressed? Even brides don't take this much time to get ready and it's his wedding today" Mum mumbled angrily.

It was clear that she too was getting worried when Sayyid didn't reply when she called his name.

"Is he okay?" Mum asked herself.

"Wait let me call Uzair" Mum said walking away to call Dad.

When Sayyid was not replying, I thought the water has finally gone above my head. I slammed the door with my shoulder multiple times to break it down and during the fourth slam, it thankfully broke open but the scene in front of me was horrifying.

Sayyid had a hangman's noose around his neck that was attached to the fan and his body hung there lifelessly.

A scream erupted from behind me. When I turned around Mum was on the ground in a state of shock. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. I ran towards her and hugged her tight. She wrapped her arms around me and sobbed on my shoulder.

I looked at the now dead body of Sayyid and I didn't even know when the tears leaked.

Why did you do this brother? You should have thought about you people, about us all; Mum, Dad, Zaina, Noora, me, if not about yourself. You broke us, you broke everyone close to you.

You left us and now we are left with the heavy burden of 'feelings' to carry on our shoulders. This day was meant to bring happiness to our lives, not this pain and agony.

There definitely must be a reason why you did that!

I quickly stood up leaving Mum's side and walked towards Sayyid and I saw a piece of paper lying on the bedside table and what I read, was more than enough to shake the ground beneath me.

••________••________••