12| Curse you!

It was Thursday, second day of our tests which usually lasted two days here at Brainville prep so after my last test paper which is further mathematics I would be done and free for the day.

I was starting to get a migraine from how hard I was trying to cram a formula that seemed not to want to stick to my brain, there was no way I was offering this subject in SS3, I already had enough calculative subjects to worry about, I don't need another mentally straining one to add to my list.

Chris swiveled in his seat in front of me, he kept his elbow on my desk and used his hand to support his head. I am not going to give him the benefit of satisfaction, nope.

"You can't keep ignoring me" he said but duhh yes I can, I have every right to if I want to "we only have two weeks left and we haven't started anything"

The only reason we haven't started anything on our ICT test project is because (1) I have pride (2) I have too much pride (3) the pride is just too much (4) I just have this unnecessary overwhelming and frustrating feeling to ignore him and loath him and (5) there was no way I was going to start a conversation with Chris about it, it meant that I've given in to him and would want to make peace but no o I do not have any plans whatsoever to be buddy buddy with him.

And like my parents said boys are distractions [not that I believe them entirely though, anything can be a distraction] and I don't want to be distracted whatsoever from my goal of making my parents proud. Well that's what I tell myself or try to believe.

"Asira?!" He says my name loudly and I slam my pen on the desk "Fine!" I say a little too loudly drawing the attention of other students in the class to myself which in turn makes me feel self conscious.

"What do you want from me?" I ask like as if I don't know but his replies anyways.

"I need you to cooperate with me so we can plan how we are going to do this thing" he says

I give him a look and bite back my pride that was eating away at my heart before answering him "Wednesday after school closes" I say in a rush only because I want him to leave me alone so I could go back to cramming.

"Wednesday is sports, club and societies" he says in a duh tone "I have football practice"

I silently cuss at myself in my mind for not remembering that, even I have sports and a club to attend. Well by sports, it's more like me sitting by the sidelines and watching the other students attempt their hands at doing something athletic.

"Why don't we meet on Saturdays" he says in a suggestive tone and I give him a depressing look "I'm free on Saturdays and we could also use any free period we have together to work on it at school"

I played with the thought in my head, I had no other option if I wanted to pass I have to be able to take this kind of risks. I look at him and he grins back knowing that he had cornered me.

"We could meet at each other's house" he proposed

"No!" I say so fast that I even surprise myself "I mean, you can't come to my house" I bit on my lip, my mother was going to kill me if she ever found out I was even accepting to go to a boys house talk more of letting one come over "Saturday's fine and we have free period after break time on Wednesday".

If there's anyway Chris's grin grows wider then it does because he seems practically elated that I was finally agreeing to this with him which is also at my utmost distaste. I repress the desire to glare at him and clench my jaw instead.

"We will need a permission slip to make use of the systems in the computer lab" he says "I can ask Mr Belema to sign one for us, meanwhile you should give me your number"

I blink at him as my heart traitorously skips a beat "why should I do that? What do you need it for?"

"To call you, how else are we going to communicate about the project?" He says in a duh tone and I grimace at him, internally I am sobbing to myself. Nothing is going my way and my heart is betraying me.

The further mathematics teacher walks into the class and I groan drawling a no internally. I drop my head on the desk in frustration, I haven't crammed enough I'm going to fail, My God!. I raise my head up and glare at Chris "look what you've caused, I've not even finished revising and it's time for the test" this makes Chris to wince and whisper a sorry.

"Ask me for the number after class" I take the next few seconds to hurriedly flip through my notes before stuffing my book into my bag, like as if it would make any difference.

Cuss you Chris! Because of this stupid boy my chances of passing this test is as big as fifty naira bread satisfying and that should say it all because no matter how hard I try, it could never possibly satisfy me.

A/N

Hi everyone, Asira is back again. Who here can be satisfied by eating fifty naira bread because as for me, it won't reach anywhere o LOL. Anyway leave your answer in the comment section.

Don't forget to vote for this chapter and share this story with someone.

Asira will now be updated only on Thursdays and Saturdays.