17| Drama

"Do you like him?" Pelumi asked, gripping the dress she was folding with a little too much vigor, I slide my eyes away from her and back to the phone in my hand. I wasn't in the slightest bit ready for this drama even though I had already anticipated it for a week now. I still can't figure out how she managed to not talk about it until now.

"I don't" I just drop it out there like it doesn't matter because to me it didn't really matter that much since I didn't like him and I expected that she knew that too.

"What do you mean by you don't?" the girl pauses and stares directly at me but I decide to avoid her gaze, if it were possible I did just avoid the entire situation, this is all Chris' fault. He put us in this mess so he should at least have had the decency to clean it up but it's not like he wasn't blind to Pelumi's feelings "The way you say it even makes it seem like you do like him and you just don't want to admit it!"

"Stop!" I finally give in, I'm definitely done with this and I'min no way in for drama "just stop it, ah ahn"

"I'm your best friend Pelu" my eyes bore into her eyes and for a split second it looks like guilt but she looks away to the cloth in her hands "or I thought you were"

"What's that supposed to mean" Pelumi glared at me and in this moment I knew I messed or at least I thought I did. I shouldn't have put it that way but my bad habit of speaking before thinking got a better of me and I was again stuck in another Asira sized problem that I needed to get out of it.

"Look, I'm sorry" I crawl of the bed, phone in hand and attempting to tug at my rolled up bum shorts once I got off the foam "I didn't mean to say it like that, what I meant to say is that we are supposed to be bestfriends and know stuff about each other so I expected that you won't question me about something as irrelevant as that"

"Irrelevant?" Gbam! I've done it again. This is the part where I'm supposed to throw my hands on my head and wail and gnash my teeth because why in the world was I trying to dig my own grave with my hands. "Asira, this is not irrelevant. It's very relevant to me because it's my feelings!" Pelumi charged at me, her hands dramatically flaying with every word.

"Abi are you that self centered that you don't care about that too since you didn't care about telling me who your project partner was" Pelumi was inches away from my face now and I could smell the toothpaste on her breathe since it wasn't too long ago since I came that she took the liberty to get into the bathroom and clean herself up, the girl sef. But that's not what matters, what matters now is that Pelumi is angry and hurt and I need to pick my words right this time. So I do what I know would be best I focus on every word she says as next.

"I know it shouldn't matter because it didn't until it felt or will I say looked like you were trying to hide it from me" The corner of her lips twitched and I knew she might cry, Pelumi cried when she was angry, and when she was sad too so yea. "So it's relevant to me to know, to find out, so you won't have to keep dodging the topic"

"Guy look" I say racking my head for the perfect thing to say "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hide anything and yes your feelings matter but I don't like him"

"I do not like Chris!" I say in a rush because the thought of everything was starting to make me feel weird, I wasn't even sure I have liked anyone that way before and I really didn't think I liked Chris that way "over my dead will I like him, I mean you know me na" my voice comes off pleading because I'm hoping and wishing and praying in my heart that she buys it and let's me off this time because I was already tired of this conversation and I didn't need Pelumi's anger aimed at me.

"Fine" she lets it slide but I know it will take more than that to have a trust solidified in that area. My phone buzzes in my hand and I don't resist the urge to look at it.

Status Board:
Izzzieee: Is it just me or is that zoid kid a drug dealer? I mean look at him :D

Ruth-D: I bet that's why the police came looking for him last week. LOL!

My face settled into a frown as I stared at the status from the school website, I had been checking the activity board for next week's announcement because somehow the school found it valuable that they uploaded announcements even before the week started even though we ended up hearing it over again during assembly on Mondays.

Turns out I had forgotten to log out because of the whole thing with Pelumi but it didn't matter to me, it was just an issue with the seniors and roasting their mate or well, the zoid. Zoid was a slang for someone leaching of someone or other people for their own benefit and at some point being at this school it had become a term for scholarship students.

They were clearly invalidating their opportunity to be there, but none of that mattered to me since it wasn't really my business. It's a seniors affair and that meant juniors weren't supposed to be involved. At least that's what I thought until the next status update.

Yusuf: Zoid? Do U mean Seun M?
Yusuf: wait, d police came 2 Skul? Wth?

Izzzieee: Mind your business Ali baba, aren't you supposed to learn how to spell properly before involving yourself with other people's businesses? *eyeroll*

Ruth-D: He should first of think of his raging body odor first, LOL :D

I visibly cringe at the comments but what really caught my eye was the one about Seun. "Asira are you even listening?" Pelumi smacks me in the forehead with the back of her palm to get my attention.

"Sorry" I blink but my mind is still on Seun and still wondering why the hell there was a police at school for him. As of last week I was too busy staying out of Pelumi's way to notice anything else that was going on around me plus the tests were brutal so my head was fully focused on studying.

I was way too in my business that I didn't notice that there was drama going in school and most especially I didn't understand why I was suddenly so concerned.

"Eh, my mother just texted me to check the clothes and spread them so I have to go, sorry" I don't look at Pelumi as I say this and hurry out of the room before she catches a glimpse of my lie.

I needed to find out what was going on, maybe that's why he stopped showing up to the restaurant.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys
I know this chapter is short and boring but I have been having writers block and out of nowhere drama appeared in my head and I decided to write a situation.

Actually I've also been busy with a side project, yes yes I know I have too many side projects but I have been busy with something that I think you guys will enjoy as much as Asira. It's going to have drama definitely but then it's also going to be a little bit cliche but you'll like it.

I just hope and pray you guys engage with it as much as you engage with Asira, I love this new girl as much as I love Asira and I hope you guys like her too.

Meanwhile if you have ideas about what trouble Seun should be up to then feel free to hit me up and give me the gist!!!