Chapter 19

Time Lapse: 1 month

I wake up to Tobias lightly shaking me. I flutter my eyes open and look at him. "Work today" he says. Initiate training ends in one month, Tobias will go back to his job in the control room and I'll be able to stay home with Tobin. I groan and sit up. I check the time, we only have twenty minutes for all three of us to get ready. "Tobias! Why did you wake me up so late?!?!" I said jumping out of bed. "Tris, Me and Tobin are ready, I wanted you to get some extra sleep, just get dressed and ready and we'll be fine" he said. A sense of relief hit me. "Oh" I said. I quickly got dressed and ready then I picked up Tobin. His eyes were brighter today and he was constantly smiling, I could never get him to laugh though, but that didn't stop him from trying. Tobias walked in and looked at Tobin. "Guess who's two months old today" Tobias said. His voice was soft when he was with Tobin. Tobin smiled at us. We went into the living room and I placed him in his car seat. I gently rocked it and he was already falling asleep. "Ready?" Tobias asked. I nodded. We left and headed down to Christina's so she could watch Tobin.
---------------------------------------------
After work me,Tobias and Tobin are at our apartment. Suddenly their is a knock at the door. Me and Tobias opened it up and we see an Erudite leader standing there. This better not be trouble. "Beatrice Prior?" The woman asks. "Who's asking?" I said. "Jeanine wants to see you in her office this evening at 6. She says its just a precaution" the woman said. Why would Jeanine need me? "A precaution?" I asked. "Yes, she wants to test a new serum the Amity have been working on on you since your eligible. It's nothing that should be your concern." She said. I can't refuse to go to Jeanine's office because then I'll be at even bigger risk. I nodded and she left. "I don't want them doing tests on you just because you're divergent" Tobias said. "I know but if I don't go I'm at a bigger risk" I said. He sighed and nodded. It was already 5 so we quickly dropped off Tobin at Christina and Will's and both left.
---------------------------------------------
I told Tobias to sit outside of her office. I went in and she put down a folder she was holding. "Beatrice Prior" she said. "Thank you for coming" She said pulling out a case. She opened it up and it contained the syrum. "What is it?" I asked. "Its a peace syrum the amity have developed, they wanted to test it on Divergents because they think you could possibly be immune to it, the only side effect is light dizziness" She said pulling it out. "I doubt I'll be immune to it but you can give it a shot" I said. She gave me a quizzical look. "Have you been stressed or un easy lately?" She asked. Actually I have, with Tobin and work and everything. I nodded. "The syrum will most likely work on you then, they only work if you want them to, I'm sure you would want some happiness even if its false" She said. Shes right. They only work if I want them too. She stuck the needle in my neck without warning. "How do you feel?" She asked sitting back down at her desk. I was about to say okay but okay is not good enough. I feel great. "i feel good" I said smiling. "Thank you" I said. She nodded as she wrote something down and I left. As I came around the corner of the door I saw Tobias standing up in front of me. I felt dizzy and I almost fell but Tobias caught me. "Tris, are you okay?" He asked. "Yes! Why wouldn't I be?" I asked. He snaked his arm around my waist and supported me and took us back into Jeanine's office. "What did you do to her?" Tobias asked. "Its peace syrum, nothing to be concerned about" She said. "I missed you" I said. "Tris" Tobias said. "Please be quiet". "It will wear off shortly" Jeanine said. I got out of Tobias' grasp and started jumping and giggling. "Oh dear god" Tobias said picking me up. "Go do this to someone else next time." Tobias said to Jeanine. She nodded with a strange smile. Tobias started walking out with me still in his arms. "BYE!!!!!!!" I shouted as the door closed behind us. Tobias carried me all the way to the Dauntless Headquarters. He finally let me down in one of the hall ways. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Christina's to pick up Tobin" he said grabbing my hand. "I love Tobin. He's so cute. I just want to pinch his little cheeks and kiss them." I said ending with a giggle. Tobias gripped my wrist tightly and knocked on the door. Christina answered. "Hey guys" she said. "You're pretty" I said trying to stroke her hair. Tobias pulled my arm down and sighed. "They gave her peace syrum. I don't know why she couldn't fight it off" he said. "Because I wanted to not be so stressed" I said before spinning around, which made me more dizzy. Tobias set his hands on my shoulders and kept me still. Christina gave me a strange look. She got Tobin who was in his car seat and handed him to Tobias. After that we went home. Tobias sat me down on the couch. "what did you mean by "i don't want to be so stressed?"" He asked. The syrum was starting to wear off. "I meant it only works when I want it to, I wanted to not be so stressed even when the feeling is fake" I said. At this point all the syrum was weared off. "I'm sorry your stressed, but it's going to be fine, we have each other" Tobias said. I nodded and smiled a little. He pressed his lips to mine.
---------------------------------------------
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter😂 I love in insurgent when Tris was on the peace syrum so I decided to add a bit of that in this chapter😂, Thank you to everyone who's reading-Shaizel12