Chapter 16

I wake up the next morning next to Tobias. I bearly slept from the pain. The pain in my shoulder seems to never fade. I turned on my left side to face him and gently put my right arm on my stomach but winced in pain. I guess he was already awake because his eyes fluttered open a couple seconds later. I closed my eyes tightly for a few seconds. "Are you okay?" He asked brushing my hair back with his finger. "It hurts" I said quietly, looking at him. "Let me see" he says. He gently rolls up my shirt sleeve and pulls down my shirt a little to look at the large bandage covering my shoulder. The slightest movement he makes over it burns. "Tris theres blood leaking through it" he said. I looked down and saw blood covering almost the whole bandage. I didn't say anything. He pulled out a small paper bag we got from the hospital. He pulled out a new bandage and wipes. "This is gonna hurt" he says. "Of course it is" I said. He slowly peeled off the large bandage and revealed the bullet wound. I really didn't want to look at it, its nothing but a painful memory. "Its not that bad, don't worry" He said. I nodded. He put his hand on my fine shoulder and cleaned up the blood on my hurt one. The pain was horrible. I wasn't very good at hiding pain either. He threw out the old bandage and put on a new one, exactly the same just cleaner. He rolled my sleeve over it again and look at me in the eyes. I knew there was tears collecting in them. "Its over, I'm sorry" He said hugging me with one arm, rapped around my neck. I shoved my face into his shoulder. "It doesn't feel over" I said muffled into his shirt.
---------------------------------------------
Getting shot has ruined everything. I can't hold anyone, make any fast movements, lift heavy things. It's pathetic. The doctors said I can go to work in a week with Tobias. They said the pain will be there but with the medication it will turn into a dull throb. I hear Tobin crying so I slowly get out of bed. I walk into his room and he's in his crib, crying. "How am I going to hold you with one arm..." I say to myself. I managed to pick him up with both arms, I just ignored the pain. He was now only in my left arm. He can support his own head now and he isn't so flimsy. I grabbed a warm bottle off of his dresser that Tobias made a few minutes ago. I sat in the rocking chair with him leaning on my left arm and fed the bottle to him. I rocked the chair with my foot and smiled down at him as he drank. He slept most of the time which was easy for us. I took a small blanket that was hanging over the arm rest of the chair and rapped it around him, ignoring the burning sensation in my shoulder. He finished the bottle and fell asleep, his pacifier was right next to his rocking chair on his dresser so I grabbed it and placed it into his tiny mouth. I just looked at him, I can't believe he's mine and Tobias'. "You're a great mother, you know" Tobias says walking in lightly. He crouched next to the rocking chair I was in and looked at Tobin. "You're a great father" I said with a chuckle. I'm so happy, even though life isn't perfect. He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. He pulled away then kissed the top of my nose. We went into the living room slowly, with Tobin still asleep supported mostly by my left arm. I placed him into his little swinging chair and sat on the couch with Tobias. "We were supposed to go to work today..." I said quietly. I'm actually disappointed. "I know" he says. I shake my head. "It's my fault" I said. Tobias glanced at me. "Its not your fault, Okay? Erudite is just messed up. Everything is messed up. I swear you're the only normal person whose mine in this messed up world" He said. "Okay" I said. He looked at me. "Kinda weird though, I mean you owning mean and everything" I said jokingly. He chuckled. "You know what I meant" He said pressing his forehead to mine. I nodded and smiled. "You're mine"
---------------------------------------------
Im sorry if this chapter was too laid back😏 thank you so much for 100 views! I was expecting like 20 at the most😂, I'll update soon :) -Shaizel12