Chapter 8

I'm 2 and a half months pregnant now. Tomorrow we find out the gender. "Do you want a boy or a girl?" I ask Tobias. "Doesn't matter, as long as its healthy" he says. "Just answer" I say. "okay I would prefer a boy but either way I'll be happy" he says. I knew he would want a boy. I'm leaning towards boy too but either way I'll be glad. I check the time, it's 7:36am. Tobias has to go to work. We walk over to the living room and I sit on the couch, starring at the wood floors. "I have to go" he said sitting next to me, kissing my head. I nodded. "Okay" I said quietly. I wish he wasn't leaving, I get lonely cooped up in here sometimes. "Be careful" I said before pressing my lips to his. He smiled a little. "You too Tris, I love you" he said grabbing his keys. He left and I felt a tear drop from my eye. "Love you too" I whispered.
---------------------------------------------
After long hours of waiting Tobias finally got home. I don't know why I missed him so much. He walked in and I threw my arms over his shoulders and buried my face into his chest. "Its okay, I'm here, whats wrong?" He asked. "I don't know I missed you" I said. He smiled a little. "I missed you too" he said quietly. I smiled and gave him a quick kiss. "You tired?" He asked. I nodded. He grabbed my hand and dragged me into the bed with him. I laughed as he pulled me in. "Tomorrow we can find out the gender of our baby" He says kissing my forehead. "I can't wait" I said quietly. "Me neither". I put my face into his chest and rapped my arms around his waist. I felt warm in his scent. "I love you" he said. He says I love you a lot but I love it. I smiled. "I love you too" I said before drifting off to sleep.
---------------------------------------------
*Tris' dream*
I go to the infirmary for an ultrasound, the lady gives the screen a sad look. She leaves and after several minutes she tells us that the baby didn't make it. Tobias looked like he would never be okay again and it killed me inside. After the baby died we would fight all the time. He even threatened to leave.
*end of dream*
---------------------------------------------
I open my eyes and I'm breathing heavily. The light is on and theres tears on my face. Tobias is shaking me. "Did you have a night mare?" He asked holding me in tight. "Yah" I said quietly looking down at my bearly noticeable bump. "What happened?" I felt tears falling from my face. "The baby didn't make it.." Is all I said before crying again. "it's here Tris" he said putting his hand on my stomach. I wiped my face and put my hand on top of his. My breathing was still shallow. I leaned on his chest and he skimmed his fingers over my hair. "Please promise that no matter what happens you'll never leave me" I said quietly. He lifted me off of his chest. "Where is this coming from?" He asked. "My dream...you wanted to leave because the baby didn't make it and we were fighting too much" I said starring down at my hands. "Tris" he said lifting up my chin to look at him. "I promise" he says. I nodded even though I wasn't very convinced. I trusted Tobias but the thought of losing him was too much to bare for me. I layed back down and rested my head on his shoulder. He was laying on his back and I was on my side, with my hand placed on his chest. "Get some rest Tris" he said kissing my head. "Okay" I said softly before falling back to sleep.
---------------------------------------------
I wake up to the loud alarm. I squint my eyes and look at the clock: 7:00am. The appointment is at 8. I smack the alarm loudly and startle Tobias. I started shaking him. "Get up! We get to find out the gender!" I said. He still wouldn't get up. I got out of bed and walked over to his side, grabbing a small throw pillow and smacking him on the head with it. He opened his eyes and glared at me. "Really, Tris?" He said. He started getting out of bed and I ran for it. He caught up to me and picked me up, leaving my feet a couple inches off the ground. I giggled. "Let me go" I said. "Not without a kiss" he said. I pressed my lips to his for several seconds then he slowly let me down. I let go and we started getting ready.
*1 hour later*
We walk into the ultra sound waiting room. Its almost as I pictured it in my dream. I start thinking about the dream and grasp Tobias' hand tighter. We sit down and after what feels like forever we hear "Beatrice Eaton?". Me and Tobias got up and were lead into room 2. Its dark but theres light reflecting through a small window in an odd spot. Tobias sat next to me in a chair and held my hand. The ultra sound nurse wheeled her chair to my side. I was on a steel counter but the top was cushioned. "Please lift up your shirt" she said typing some things on the computer. I lifted my shirt up and she tucked a wash cloth in the edges of my tights. "Alright" she said talking to nobody in particular. She put cold blue jel on my stomach and began moving the smooth tool on it. A black and white image appeared on the screen and in a pit of black I saw a white thing almost shaped like a bean: our baby. She tapped the keyboard around some more and zoomed in on the picture. Tobias was holding my hand tighter by the second. He was nervous too. "Okay, he seems to be doing good but just take it easy. Remember that your body is fragile at the moment" she said. I'm so glad he's good but those other words still worry me. Wait, she said HE. "He?" I asked. "Yes, he, its a boy, congratulations" she said. Tobias smiled bigger than I've ever seen. She wiped off the gel with the cloth and we left. I'm having a baby boy.