Chapter 19

•Katski•

Have you ever been hit by a bus, and then had your head pummelled in by a ten-ton elephant?

Huh, me neither.

But that however seemed to be the most accurate way to describe the pounding headache I woke up to the next morning.

I felt like shit, I couldn't even lift my head up my body felt so heavy. I guess this is what it felt like to be hungover...even for a werecat.

What the heck happened last night?

I remembered the party, the Truth or Dare, followed by that closet game, then getting mad at Ethan, and after that I got drunk, and then...then the rest was a blur.

I let out a groan as I tried to sit up, my eyes felt heavy as I tried to blink them open, nearly hissing back in irritation as I was met with a stream of direct sunlight. Once my vision adjusted, I was slowly able to make out the detailed surroundings of my house, I was at home, sleeping on my couch...with Ethan Drayre lying right beside me.

What the heck?!

Had I not felt so groggy, I would have jumped straight up off the couch. There was Ethan, his body positioned upright with his head rested on his folded arms at the edge of the couch, like he had sat here beside me for a while before falling asleep.

But why was he here in the first place?

"Fuck..." I muttered under my breath, my eyes blinking in utter confusion.

Ok, now I really needed to know what happened last night...

I glanced down at Ethan's sleeping expression, utterly surprised at how soft and peaceful he looked. The complete opposite of his usual self.

I propped up on my elbows and got close to his face, then I took in a deep breath.

"WAKE UP DRAYRE!"

He immediately shot up with alarm and slapped his hands over his ears. "Fuck! What the hell?" He cursed, looking around a little disoriented.

Yeah, I give great wake up calls.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?!" I questioned with a growl, still pissed at him for last night. What I could remember of it at least.

"Good morning to you too," he muttered sarcastically as he dropped his hands from his ears and glared at me.

"That's not an answer," I snapped. "What are you doing here?"

"I brought you here, dumbass," he deadpanned.

I paused and blinked, ignoring the jab he threw at me. "You...brought me here?" I asked him with a look of surprise.

"Obviously," Ethan replied with a roll of his eyes. "You were so wasted last night I doubt you would have even made it to the woods without passing out. What the hell even made you get so drunk like that in the first place?" he sounded a little mad.

I looked down suddenly, remembering the reason.

I had wanted to forget about him and all the stupid shit I was feeling — just for one night.