Extra: A trip to heaven (I)

ابدأ من البداية

"Sorry," Tine said, not feeling sorry at all and hustled past Sarawat. It was actually rather entertaining to see Type and Sarawat bicker and even more satisfying to see Sarawat being so brazen about their relationship. Tine liked when Sarawat so easily admitted being with Tine, loving him so obviously and unconditionally.

With these thoughts Tine hiked contently along the remainder of the trail, lean legs taking measured strides and leaving the musician in the dust. However that did not last for long as Tine yelped suddenly and stumbled a little further ahead, making Sarawat's heart drop minutely in worry. Thankfully Tine regained his balance pretty quickly and carried on as if nothing had even happened. Sarawat shook his head affectionately and picked up his speed, shadowing his boyfriend closely to make sure that he would be able to catch him if Tine tripped ever again.

The thing with Tine was that he had so much excessive energy coursing through him all the time and no one ever knew what form or shape it would take, meaningfully or accidentally even. But this was precisely one of the many things that drew Sarawat to Tine since the moment he had laid his eyes on him, on that hot summer day so many years ago when Tine had crashed into him at a Scrubb concert. That was when their worlds finally collided, merging into one.

Now that Tine had finally acknowledged his real feelings for Sarawat it seemed that a dam had been broken inside of him, unable to contain all that vibrant energy any longer. Tine really did take his sweet time to open up and bloom. Nevertheless every minute and every second spent on it was definitely worth it and all of that had come from Tine's own eagerness to share his feelings with Sarawat. How could Sarawat otherwise catch such a lively and flourishing soul, unless Tine was the one to choose him.

***

Type stared at Sarawat from across the rickety table at a local roadhouse, his mouth downturned in a frown and arms crossed over a bulky, hippie looking sweater. He did not like what he was seeing.

Tine was completely smitten with that devil and blindly relying on Sarawat for doing everything and anything, really. Every time Type had asked Tine of his plans for the future, now that he was jobless, the recurring reply was Sarawat this and Sarawat that. What. The. Hell. What had happened to his ambitious little brother? Tine had a bright future ahead of himself after studying so voraciously during his last years of university. Type was even willing to see past the plethora of meaningless girls that had paraded through Tine's life over the course of those years since Tine had been able to focus on the goal. Which was building a successful career. But the minute he had met this infuriating guy, Type glared at Sarawat, every sensible plan that Tine might have had was thoughtlessly flushed down the drain.

Sarawat had to leave this equation. Period.

"Are you guys fucking?" Type asked as a matter of fact, staring down at his nails nonchalantly, polishing them against his sweater. Tine looked up in pure shock, lips parted, his drink spilling straight out of his mouth and dribbling on the table.

"What?!" Tine shrieked, two red blotches appearing on his cheeks. They had not come all this way just to have this sort of conversation with Tine's rigid brother.

Man elbowed Type softly in the ribs while making a placating gesture in Sarawat's direction. The musician was staring stonily at his friend's lover. Only if looks could kill, right? Type's big ears flushed slightly under the heavy scrutiny, the only outward sign of him actually being human and not a robot. What the hell did Man see in that stuck up guy?

And why did Sarawat have to deal with this sort of talk coming from both Tine's brother and his own? Phukong has been on his ass about Tine from day one and was still being a little slow in warming up to him. Although currently, it was probably more about their issues with Mil than some kind of personal vendetta against Tine.