Chapter 10: Coronation Day

Elsa's PoV

I opened my eyes and Jack was gone. He was not in my room again. I don't know when he left, but right now, he's not here. Then, knocks were heard on the door.

TOK TOK TOK

"Princess Elsa? Princess Elsa." The lady servant called.

"I'm awake." I answered.

"Yes, your highness. It's time to get ready! It's your big day!"

"I know, right? I'll get ready. You can go now." I ordered and she left.

I took a bath and put on my gown. After that, I put on my cape. I sat on my vanity and put make-up on my face. When I finished, I heard the window open.

"Elsa!" He called as he swings into my room. He landed on his feet beside me. He looked at me through the mirror.

"Are you going to attend the banquet after the ceremony?" I asked.

"I don't really know if it's safe. They might think you're crazy for talking to the thin air." He answered as he scratches his head. I looked down. Yeah. He's probably right.

"Are you ready, your highness?" He asked. I unconsciously looked at him. It's rare for him to call me "your highness" so I guess I was kind of surprised. I stood up and looked out of my balcony. The gates are open, and people are coming in their fancy dresses. Gigantic cakes are taken in the palace too. What more? I just saw Anna happily jumping around towards the gate. Looks like she's enjoying her freedom. I sighed. seeing this much people about to watch me, I feel uneasy. I feel nervous. I closed my eyes.

"Don't let them in... Don't let them see..." I said to myself. I turned around and walked to my dresser. I looked up to my father's coronation portrait hung above my dresser. I looked at the round jewelry case and the candlelight holder on top of my dresser. I removed my gloves.

"Conceal..." I took the candlelight holder on my right.

"Don't feel..." I took the jewelry case on the left.

"Put on a show..." I turned around and played pretend that the ceremony is ongoing.

"Make one wrong move and everyone will know..." I said to myself. I looked at the candlelight holder and jewelry case in my hands. I saw the thin ice creeping up them. Eeek! I quickly put them back on my dresser.

"You can do this, Elsa. It's only for a day." Jack gave me an encouraging smile. I put my gloves back.