Chapter | XII

That Night,
Charles' Apartment;

"How did you even get in?"

Charles heard from the conversation from the kitchen, probably Eunice talking to someone over the phone.

"Well, you remember that girl Monica from the campus? I heard them talking about it. Just had to steal her invitation letter, it's that easy." Eunice explained in a bragging way. "Shame though, didn't manage to get his number at least. Can't believe that Xànder Leblanc is gay. What a waste."

Charles cleared his throat, standing by the doorway. Eunice jumped a little, ending the phone call in a rush.

"How are you feeling?"

Charles asked the woman who looks like they're enjoying the comfort of his bed too much. Eunice sits up with her head hung low, embarrassed to face the man she puked on.

"There's ibuprofen beside you. I'll bring you water."

"Wait~" Eunice pleaded, holding him by the wrist. "Who's...that guy with you earlier? A-are you two.."

"That's none of your business, Eunice. Stop poking your nose to places it doesn't belong." Charles dismissed her hold. "Leave after you take the medicine."

"No, no no no Charles. P-please listen~" Eunice begged, hugging him from behind to prevent him on leaving. "I-i'll do everything! Just tell me what you want me to do!"

"I already allowed you to stay for a short while, don't push it." Charles said coldly, moving away from her grip. "Stay there, don't touch anything."

"Why won't you take me back?" Eunice asked in a whisper. "Am I really nothing to you now?"

"You're really asking me that now? Really?" Charles raised a brow, bewildered at how hypocritical Eunice is being right now. "What a joke."

"I-i know i'm not the best...but I tried! And i'm willing to try again~!"

"When are we gonna get over this conversation, huh?" Charles turned to face Eunice. "How many times do i--?!"

Eunice cupped his face, pulling him in a hard pressed kiss. Charles tried to back away but Eunice followed his steps until he reached the wall. It's shocking, yes but definitely not romantic. To Charles, it felt so dry and passionless.

"Eunice," Charles mumbled against her lips as a threat but she only saw it as an opportunity to deepen the connection. "Eunice!"

Charles tried to be gentle with it but since the woman wouldn't budge, force was exerted. Eunice landed on the bed, her elbow hitting the nightstand painfully.

"Really, Eunice? Really?" Charles wiped his lips, eyes filled with hostility and resentment. "You've reached a new low."

Eunice stayed silent, jaw clenched. She watched Charles go, ego a little hurt from being rejected.

"Here's your fucking water, you're welcome." Charles slammed the glass beside the pill. "I'm not a saint, Eunice! I can't just forgive like nothing happened, it's not that hard to forget! So please, this is me asking you nicely for the last time. Leave and never show your face to me. Please."

"But you don't understand! I have my reasons why I did it--!"

"Fuck your reasons! You're so full of bullshit! So why don't you just go back out there and try to get yourself another man? Afterall, that's what you're great at. Milking men for all they're worth then leav--"