Chapter | VII

"We'll drop by some other time, hmm?" Jean gave Charles a one last hug, preparing to leave. "If it wasn't for your dad, i would like to stay here with you longer. Unfortunately, i don't have the last say."

"It's okay, mom. You really should go, it's a pretty long drive back." He gave her a light pat and shot a smile towards Richard who's patiently waiting in the car. "Oh, Jordan wanted to give you these by the way."

"Uhuh, you sure he's not the one you wanna introduce to us? I actually quite like him." She said, poking Charles' side teasingly while winking. "Oh, well. We'll be on our way. Don't forget to call, hmm?"

"We just met. We've known each other for like, less than a week mom." Besides, he's straight.

"Whatever you say. We'll be on our way, take care of yourself okay?" She lent in and pecked his cheeks, patting it lightly as she pulls away. "Bye!"

Charles smiled and waved as she retreated to the car. The sky is still bright, but the sun is starting to go down.

"Your dad seems scary.." Jordan whispered suddenly, making Charles jump from his sudden appearance.

"How long have you been here? You creep." Charles stepped back, keeping a short distance. "Next time, please keep your mouth zipped up. 'Boyfriend', really? Why address that crap like that?"

"Well, i didn't know that they don't know!" He defended briefly, before poking Charles' chest teasingly. "But i think it's only appropriate to call him that. Didn't you agree to smiley face already? I heard."

"Smiley face?"

"Uhuh. Such a shame, really. He seems posh and uptight. He's like a robot programmed to smile everytime. Kinda attractive tho." He shrugged.

"...ew..." Charles got confused even more when he saw him lick his lips sensually. "I'm starting to think that you're not as straight as you says. You really are so weird, you know that?"

"Ermm...that's not the point!" Now, Jordan was grateful for having a darker skin tone since it hides his blush. "So...did you accept it? The offer?"

"....I did."

That night,
Leblanc Residence;

"Why would you do that?" The lady was more than furious. Not only that Xànder probably made one of her acquaintances upset, now the ambience is also ruined. "Where's your manners, young man? I personally invited her here--"

"Then maybe you should stop inviting them here. Why did you even bother? I told you i'm not interested in her. Or anyone you want me to see."

"Still, that's not an excuse to be disrespectful! How am i gonna face her after that? You humiliated the poor girl in front of everyone!"

Earlier that day, Mrs Leblanc invited Jade for dinner, one of the elegant women who caught her interest and attention. Also one of the few ladies who stood out in her imaginary list of possibly furture daughter-in-law.

Of course, Ms Brookes accepted with such gratitude. The young lady is polished looking, prim and pretty. Like a beautiful doll sculpted to perfection and clear from any flaws. It's also obvious that she felt an attraction to her son as well, although it's one-sided.