Chapter | IX

That Night:

"Ugh, my legs hurts from all this walking. Do you really have to greet everyone?" Jordan whined, dropping to the floor and leaning against the wall. Charles sat beside him, yawning. "Ya okay there? Hump on, i'll carry you on my back."

"Aren't you tired too? We should just go home." He said, rubbing his eyes. He looked up to Milliard, who he caught staring with an amused smug look. With a frown, he kicked him in the shin. "You jerk, why did you even brought us here? Was it to make fun of us?"

"Hey, tone it down. People might hear." Milliard crouched down. Jordan became alert, hurriedly extending his arm to defend his friend. "They greeted me first. Wouldn't it be rude to ignore? Besides, it wasn't even that long of a walk. The night is still young. Why not enjoy yourselves?"

"How could we if you keep pulling my bro with ya? I don't trust you." Jordan then leaned to Charles and whispered; "We should just go. Do you have any money? I forgot to bring my wallet."

"I do, but..." Charles glanced at Milliard once again. "I left my bag in his car. All my stuff is in there."

"Ah, shit." Jordan groaned.

"Come on. I promise, no more greetings." Milliard stood up, extending his hand to Charles. "Your friend right here might be a little too tired to carry you, but i'm not. If you're too exhausted, i'm fully capable of walking for you."

"Quit making moves, ya perv. Let us rest for a second." Jordan frowned at Milliard before turning to Charles, whispering; "I'm starting to think that he's interested in you. Would you be offended if I tell you i'm happy that you're straight?"

"No, but even if i'm not, there's no way i'd be interested with this piece of shit. I mean just look at him." Charles whispered back, his face crumpling in disgust. "And don't even get me started with his attitude."

Milliard slowly retreated his hand with the lack of response from Charles. He could see them whispering to each other, but the surrounding was too loud to hear such low volumes.

"Yeah, i even thought he was attractive before."

"You what?" Charles stared at Jordan like he just grew a third eye in the forehead. "I know you have weird tastes but raise your standards at least."

"Hey, i said before! And i just like his face, nothing more." Jordan nudged Charles' elbow. "That's a little offending. Why insult my preference?"

"Well, sorry. But just~" Charles looked up to Milliard, pointing a finger on him. "That? I see no attractive."

"Are you talking about me? What are you two whispering about?" Milliard tilted his head.

"Don't flatter yourself, man. Assuming is a no good trait." Jordan stood and dusted himself, also pulling Charles up with him. "Where the restrooms at? Yo bun bun, come with me."

"You two really are planning to stick together the whole night, huh?" Milliard raised an eyebrow, his eyes narrowing for a split second before coming back to his usual Cheshire smile. "Follow me, i'll accompany you both."

He started walking to a certain direction, walking through the flow of the loud crowd inside the event place.

"Men's restroom are the one on the left." Milliard said as they arrive at a long corridor.

"Come on, I aint letting you be alone with him." Jordan pulled Charles with him, glaring at Milliard along the way. "Why the restrooms so hidden? The place is huge enough already."