Chapter | VI

Few Days Later,
Charles' Apartment;

"Aargh.." Charles groaned, slamming his hand on the ringing phone hard. For the past few days, Milliard had been bugging him about his so called offer. He called for the third time this morning already. Thankfully, it's Saturday and he have no classes. Feeling no motivation to even move, he just snuggled on the thin fabric.

And when the phone rang once again, it was when Charles turned it off and three it on a drawer in his nightstand. He had been exhausted since that day when he encounter Eunice. Never got to rest.

Also, his 'friend' Jordan likes staying at his place too much. Most of the time, he spent his dinners with Charles, sometimes sharing his food with him. Even though the guy is annoying and pushy, Charles can't deny the fact that he likes his company for the least.

"Bro! Cheesebunn!" Someone called out, knocking at Charles' door twice.

Charles groaned once again, rolling on his stomach and completely ignoring Jordan's annoying voice and knocks. It's like 7 in the morning; does this guy have nothing else better to do?

The knocking continues, each time getting louder and louder to the point that it's making Charles' eardrums ring in pain.

"Cheesebu--!"

"Airhead, you're gonna break my door!" Charles scratched one eye open and he slowly opened the door. "And stop calling me cheesebun or i'll strangle you till you turn purple."

"Eh? Why not? I think 'Cheesebun' is pretty cute." That nickname came from yesterday, when he noticed Charles' addiction to the pastry. It wasn't actually an addiction, but it's the only thing he ate from the seven options Jordan bought.

Charles put on a dead look, his eyes below halfway open. He looked stressed. Obvious dark circles under his eyes and very pale looking face. His untamed hair is a minus too.

"Have anythin' to do today? Wanna hangout? Like, out out?" Jordan asked, barging in with two paper bags in hand. "I hate this dreadful life. Literally so boring. When i tell you none is happenin', there's literally none."

"Mine is uneventful too but i'm not complaining. I like it this way." Charles grumbled, slowly slipping back to his bed and throwing the covers over his entire body.

"Yours wouldn't be if you would accept that guy's offer." Jordan wiggled his eyebrows, hitting Charles' elbow playfully. "You say they give you monthly allowance and payment, right? That's bunch of money. Five thousand, was it? Just for being a fake boyfriend? Like damnn.."

"You interested? I can refer you. Gotta say, they'll announce it on public too. Five thousand isn't enough to make me want my name dragged in a dirty puddle of liquefied gold."

"C'mon, it can't be that bad. Besides, dirty gold is still gold." Jordan snickered, snatching something from the bag he's carrying and tossing a bag of chocolate filled crackers to Charles. "Just sayin'; if you need a bodyguard, i'm more than qualified."

"The liquefied gold i'm referring is mud colored in yellow. Like i said, if you're interested, i can refer you." Charles grabbed the crackers and placed it on the drawer. "Please don't chew too loud. I'm not in the mood to yell at you."

"M'kay, sorry." Jordan apologized, toning his volume down. In the absence of the unnecessary noise, Charles sighed in relief. He shifted a little to make himself comfortable in the bed, all while Jordan is sitting on the floor beside his bed eating.

He's close to dozing off, when the loving silence was once again broken. He groaned, throwing the sheets off his face to peek one eye open and give Jordan a death stare. Jordan stared back innocently, confused.