Chapter | X

"What is it you wanted to talk about, Aunt Aussie?" Milliard walked along Alessandra. "You seem troubled, what do you have in mind?"

"..nothing important." That's what she said but in fact, she's disturbed by what she just saw. Milliard's image to her is not as clean as it used to be. "Anyway, i've been meaning to request. Can you please get Xànder here for me? I told him to come here right after work yet he's nowhere to be seen."

"You really think he'll come? That's funny." Milliard laughed, thinking how foolish that is. "If you want him to come, you have to come up with some type of plan. Your son has a mind of his own. You can't expect him to follow your words like a loyal dog."

"..." Alessandra sighed. Milliard is right. If Xànder despised the idea so much, why would he set himself for something not to his wanting?

"Business wise, he's quick witted. Full of ideas, you can't deny he's the successor of the well known multi billionaire Giovanni Leblanc." Milliard's walking slowed gradually. Eventually, his steps stopped. "But he's just that."

Milliard slipped his palms inside his pockets, staring at the lady with blank look. "Words are enticing, Mrs Leblanc. It's the best tool to twist someone's mind."

"..just get to the point, what do you mean by that?" She dared to look back.

"What i'm saying is, you can make Xànder do as you say. Just like a dog." Milliard clicked his tongue, pulling out his phone and twisting it around his fingers. "I know you know what I mean."

With that, both went silent. Eyes still locked at each other, continuing the conversation nonverbally. Though, Milliard seemed to be in a hurry.

"If that's all, i'll be going. I have a lovely person waiting for me afterall."

Meanwhile;

"Jade Brookes."

Jade said to the doorman, her hand wrapped around Charles' arm. He's bit uncomfortable having his arm held like that, given the fact that he's literally rubbing against her healthy breast.

"And you?" The guy asked, his eyes fixated around their entangled arms. Like for the others, he assumed that Ms Brookes also came with a partner.

"Uh...Charles Monroe." He said absentmindedly, staring at his phone. He had sent Jordan a bunch of text messages yet he recieved zero response. Hoping to see him inside, he looked up and scanned the crowd.

The doorman nodded, adding his name on the long list of guests.

"Who are you looking for?" Jade asked when she noticed him scanning the crowd. "I'm sure Milliard is on his way back. He'll be here in a minute, don't be tense."

"Okay.." that didn't make me feel any better. They came in together, Charles not hearing the faint calling of his name from the outside.

Since the music already started, there's already a few pairs dancing in the middle of the room while most of the people stood aside forming a circle. There are tables spread around the corners, most of them occupied with people drinking from tall wine glasses.

"Do you want to dance?" Jade offered, already positioning in front of him. Hands laid on the shoulders, also pulling Charles' hand and positioning it on her lower waist.