Chapter 18: Bogoshipo (Naeun POV)

A/N: Bogoshipo means 'I miss you'.

~ ~ ~

In the midst of this blackness, a series of visions suddenly returned to me:

(~Flashback~)

This was just great. just wonderful. Totally being sarcastic here...

I did not mind when it rained, but I minded when it rained on the way to school. What's more, that day I had to take the bus because my appa is on a business trip and omma cannot drive. Meaning I was going to get wet once I reached school. Fun.

As if the day could not get worse, the wet roads meant that cars that whizzed past would splash water on my thin legs. Oh bother. I thought it was supposed to be snowing...why is it raining instead at the height of winter? Perhaps a dry spell?

Even so, when I reached school, I was all the more relieved. Amazing how I was still early.

But the bad luck spell was not over. As I trudged off towards my class, I mistepped and slipped on the cold, slippery floor, landing knees first (which was hard to imagine mind you).

By that time, I really had enough. I wailed.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!" I was knelt down in a state of anguish. I could almost imagine my poor left knee crying too. Wait is that even possible?

A hand suddenly tapped my shoulder.

"Waeyo?!" I snapped out of anger, but my eyes did not meet the person.

"A-a-are you hurt?" it wa a boy's voice. "You...seem like you are...and sound that way too..."

"Ne! What are you going to do about that huh? Laugh at me? Oh why not since my day has been terrible already right?!" I replied without thinking.

"I-I-I wasn't going to do that..." he answered. "I was going to help you..."

Huh?

"I saw you slip and fall..." he continued. "Come, let me help you up."

He...wanted to help me? It was just not right since I was so used to people just leaving me like that in a situation like this.

Shyly, I stretched my hand and allowed the boy to pull me up. I then got a good look at him.

Ah...he looks like any normal kid in school...but kind of good-looking nonetheless. I haven't seen him around, so maybe he's not in my grade.

After he picked me up, I realised I had dificulty walking. Seemed like I bruised my knee. The boy noticed my limping and offered to escort me to class.

"A-a-aniy-y-o..." I was shivering in the cold air. "Nae ga gwenchana."

He must have noticed my shivering, because he suddenly took off his jacket and handed it to me. When I initially refused, he said that I should take it because the weather was already getting to cold for me and that he would be fine. Then he helped me wear the jacket too.

"Kamsahabnida...um..." I spoke.

"Ah yes. I'm Taemin," he introduced himself.

"Naeun." I greeted back. 'My name that is."

Eventually I was able to limp to class wearing Taemin's jacket. Luckily the bruise got less painful so I got through the day's lessons well. That is...up till lunch.