Chapter 8: Throwback (Naeun POV)

~ ~ ~

(~One week later~)

I was back in the dorm with the members after another performance at a university. We had such an exhilarating time with our fans singing our hit songs from our short, but eventful career.

We weren't tired at all, perhaps because of all the hype from the concert.

Chorong and Eunji were making dinner in the kitchen while I sat on the sofa drawing. I was finishing up the sketch of Taemin oppa and I at the lake last week. Because Apink had been caught up with schedules, I did not have time to complete the drawing. Now, I was almost done, with just the colouring and a touch of watercolours left to do.

Thinking about this drawing also kept reminding me about what Taemin told me that day. He said he remembered my past, but was worried I may not take it well if I found out.

"Naeun unnie! Stop making yourself so lonely~" Namjoo and Hayoung sing-songed as they joined me from the kitchen. They had made themselves a cup of coffee, which was making me crave for one too.

But...I'm too lazy to get up...

"What are you drawing unnie?" Hayoung asked.

"Nothing...just a sketch for web design..." I lied. You see, I haven't told the members about what Taemin told me. All they know is that he fetched me to ACUBE the other time, and that was it. Though they initially teased me about it, it died off after two days.

"But, you used to just stick youself to your computer, why suddenly the pencils and paper?" Namjoo pointed out.

Crap. As expected of sharp Namjoo...

"Still, it's a very detailed and fantastic drawing," she told me.

"Kamsahabnida~" I smiled.

Chorong and Eunji were spending way longer in the kitchen than usual. In fact, they started cooking as soon as we came home. Also, they seemed to be cooking a feast. Perhaps...we have a guest?

Anyways, the food smelled appetizing. So I put my drawing down and went to the kitchen to see what the unnies were cooking.

At that time, Bomi came out from her room. I noticed her eyes were shifting awkwardly between Eunji and Chorong. In fact, even Namjoo and Hayoung stopped giggling. The only sound came from the Chorong and Eunji's activities in the kitchen.

"Ah, Bomi ah," Eunji called out. "We ran out of sesame oil. Can you go to the convenience store and get one bottle?"

But...wasn't there more than enough sesame oil to feed more than ten people? I bought that just yesterday too.

"Ne!" Bomi responded before exiting the dorm.

"I'll go with Bomi...so that I make sure she doesn't sneak of to go snacking," Namjoo followed with a flustered look on her face.

I shook that off and offered to help Chorong with the mashed potatoes. Hm, we must be having something real good tonight.

Just then, Hayoung called out, "Unnies, manager oppa just texted me! He says he wants to pass us something for our dorm!"

And with that, she was out of the dorm. I guess I was too busy preparing the food to realise.

"Unnie," Eunji suddenly spoke to Chorong, "I think...Bomi and Namjoo are spending way to long at the convenience store...perhaps I'll go check on them?"

"But, they only just left five minutes ago and the store is not that close to the dorm though," I innocently pointed out.

Now it was Eunji's turn to exchange an awkward look with Chorong. Seriously, what's going on.