Chapter 11: Rosary Bracelet (Taemin POV)

~ ~ ~

(~ A month later ~)

Today was certainly a great day. Album promotions for my song 'Danger' were at a high. Another music show had been completed and I was getting the feeling of a true solo artist.

"Nice job today Taemin!" Manager hyung patted my shoulder.

I was feeling proud of myself. I had come this far and the members were all smiles when I told them I wanted to debut solo.

Truthfully, the one person who has fuelled me into choosing this path...was Naeun. She was the one who wished I became a singer in the future. She even specifically told me to be a soloist. Here, I'm fulfilling that wish.

"Naeun ah," I spoke to myself afterward, "oppa is fulfilling your wish. Remember how you asked me to do that when I was young?"

But the more I thought of that, the more the harsh reality that she does not remember anything from her past continued to loom over my thoughts. Aish...

Anyway, I went back to the dorm and I crashed onto my bed. Seemed like the other members had schedules going on...I did not hear anyone else at home.

"Hyungs!" I called. "Uri maknae is so hardworking these days, but still can greet you!"

Great, I sounded like a drunkard. I was probably too tired to even move a limb. Dammit Taemin, you are such a disrespectful maknae.

As I settled down though, I could not help but get a wiff of sweet smell that was lingering in the room. Someone sprayed some cosmetics?

"Hyung," I called to Jonghyun even though he was clearly not in the room, "did you put on too much deodarant today? It's really strong."

Eventually, the smell got too distracting...and I needed my sleep. So I went to the living room.

"Annyeong hyungs!" I groaned lazily and aimlessly.

There's the couch...there's the...

That's when two soft hands embraced me from behind. The cosmetics smell was stronger now.

"Oppa!"

Omo...Naeun?

I turned around, and there she was, smiling as brightly as ever with her eyes open so wide. Sharp contrast to my stoned look...and probably smelly body.

"Happy to see me?" she was over the top.

"Ne," I answered without hesitation.

Tiredness? I forgot about that already just by looking at her flawless face. Keke~

"How did you get in?" I was curious now. She couldn't have got in unless...

"Wow Lee Taemin..." she sighed. "The namja himself forgot that he gave me the password to his dorm so I can come and see him when I wished."

Oh right...I did do that...

Speaking of which...what was the occasion for Naeun's visit? I ended up asking her that out of curiosity.

"Oppa, I know you are SHINee and all, and that you recently debut as a solo artist...but you aren't forgetting about our project right?" she raised an eyebrow.

Crap...I totally forgot about that. Part of the reason was because of my solo debut...but the other was because I did not want her and myself to feel hurt by my past actions.

"Of course I remember, Son Aegi (Baby)," I patted her head.

I saw a slight blush on Naeun's face. Did that mean I have become more cassanova like? Ladies man? Well...Naeun has not seen the MV yet though. Keke~ ~ ~