Chapter 14: So This Is How It Is? (Naeun POV)

~ ~ ~

I don't believe it... No. This was simply impossible...

Taemin oppa...

No...Lee Taemin...

Jakkanman...am I seeing the right or the wrong now? I wanted to believe the whole incident was just a misunderstanding. But...I can't.

"WAEYO LEE TAEMIN?!" I was now breaking down in a flood of disbelief. "You are such a..."

I stopped myself from cursing. It's not my nature to do that. But even so, the scene from earlier still kept replaying in my head...

(Flashback)

Taemin oppa did say that if I was uncertain about anything, I should go to him and share my problems. After all, they could possibly be my memories returning.

But...how should I tell him that I dreamt of a girl getting very close to him and then him not doing anything to stop her, along with the fact that I caught him in the act in the dream...

I have to find out somehow...which meant I had to see him.

So that was the reason why I sacrificed a vital practice session with the members to find Taemin. He better grateful for that and I really hoped I did not do this for nothing.

I arrived at their dorm and rang the doorbell. Usually Taemin would answer the door. Maybe it was because he's the maknae, but apparently, he's only started doing that quite recently...so it was becoming more and more like he's always expecting me to turn up. Last night however...

"Oh...Naeun ssi..." Jonghyun greeted me.

"Annyeong Jonghyun oppa." I said politely "Taemin..."

I noticed that the dorm was in a kind of party mood. Perhaps there was a guest at the dorm that night. I hoped I wasn't disturbing. After all, Taemin oppa did say anytime...

"Ah..." Jonghyun began, "he's at the balcony. Geuleona..."

I didn't hear the rest of it, because I headed straight to the balcony area. Come on, I have been visiting the SHINee dorm quite frequently so I know my way around.

But as I got closer, I heard some voices.

"I remember. To think us being on the same stage at times is also thrilling, considering we are from the same school."

That was Taemin's voice...who was he talking to?

"But...I should not be hiding in fear anymore..." the other person replied. Probably female by the sound of her voice...

"Waeyo Minah ssi...?"

"Lee Taemin...nae ga...jinja joh-a haeyo... Please don't leave me..."

Mwo...?!?! I did not just hear that right? And wait...Minah...isn't she...

"Minah yah...Sasil..."

"Oppa..." I heard sobs coming from the balcony. "Can't you see?! How much I like you? You used to say that to me too!!"

That set the fireworks within me. So Taemin had said to the girl, whom I presume was named Minah, that he had liked her?! Had he actually been hiding this from me?!

"Minah..." I heard Taemin utter. And to me then it seemed...like it was filled with regret...

No matter, that did it. I did not hesitate to burst open the balcony door and yell: