Acknowledgements

Dear Readers,

We have finally reached the end of the story and I thank you all for making it this far. I know most of you are not happy with the ending but it had to be done if I was to follow the canon story line. Of course I had thought out an alternative where Lestat turned Eva into a vampire but even then our story could not have ended happily, in fact it would only have resulted in Eva's deterioration. 

So of course I chose the option which caused less damage to our sweet Eva, I know most of you are disagreeing but trust me the other option would have been way more damaging, and as we can see the story ended on a similar note to the canon story line.

The point is that not all sweet maidens get a happily ever after with their Prince Charming at their side.

And not all stories get a perfect fairy tale ending.  

This story took me roughly three months to complete and even I am surprised at how quickly I went through with it despite the fact that it required utmost attention. I was certain that it would take me years to finish it due to the effort and time required in fleshing it out and elaborating on the totally different time frame and setting as compared to those I have already written in.

But then came the era of quarantine and I vowed to make it useful for myself and utilize it to the maximum in writing.

I have tried writing it in a traditional but old descriptive writing style so as you may have noticed, the text lacks contractions such as don't, won't, couldn't etc. It also lacks the modern day words and I have tried to keep the vocabulary restricted to words that were mostly used in the late 1800s to early 1900s. If any of you found the story a little heavy in terms of vocabulary and dialogues then I apologize but it had to be done.

Plus I have written it in a theatrical style, putting emphasis on the setting and descriptions much more than I usually do in the rest of my stories. Even the dialogue contains specific intonation according to the characters it is assigned to. 

For Eva, her words are soft spoken and exhibit a mild tone. Lestat on the other hand conveys his feelings and emotions primarily through the tone of his speech. His deflection towards Shakespearean English happens when he lapses into a highly admiring or passionate mood. His voice retains the quality of velvet yet the sharpness of glass when he confers with people he can not stand such as Rob.

Evaline | L. Lioncourt could make an excellent audiobook, in fact I think it should be narrated to readers verbally because the expression, the feel and the conveyance of the rise and fall in speech can make it an even better experience.

Another reason for me to use the theatrical style was because our main character Lestat de Lioncourt was himself a theater actor before he was turned into a vampire. Since the book was much more oriented in Lestat, I wanted to write it in a way that would reflect his personality as well and give insight into his past life.

His flair for dramatics, extensive detail and fervent description is what I have tried to retain in this story and I hope I succeeded in doing it justice. The dialogues took me a lot of effort to craft because Lestat is originally Anne Rice's character  from her series; The Vampire Chronicles. And she has painted him in such beautiful shades that I felt that I must do justice to his speech and all other aspects of his personality because taking on such a well written character is a challenge in itself, especially when the author is as great as Anne.

Of course all the characters mentioned in this story from The Vampire Chronicles such as Louis, Claudia, Lestat, Nicolas belong to the original author Anne Rice. However this plot, Evaline, Theresa, Rob and other characters which are not from The Vampire Chronicles are my creation.

Once again, heartfelt gratitude to all those who have read and supported this story. All your votes and comments are highly valuable to me and I hope you found this story delightful. I had had a great time writing it and I really hope you all had a great time reading it as well because only then would all my hard work pay off.

Have a great day, stay safe and stay blessed. All my best wishes are with you guys.

Love from, 

Zenina Dawson.