Nash grumbles, "Can I eat my food in peace?"

Emma ignores him and says, "Seeing him like this makes me feel better about him going over to your house so much."

My heart feels really excited to hear his mom's approval, "My parents are fond of both Cam and Nash. My mom loves to cook so she loves the fact that she has extra mouths to feed."

Nash slurps a noodle loudly, causing us to look at him and he smiles once it's all in his mouth, "I love eating your mom's food."

After telling Nash that slurping is rude, she easily talks about how she went back to nursing after her divorce. I really wanted to ask that if she receives child support, why does she work so much. But, as comfortable as this conversation seems, I know that would definitely not be as comfortable. 

Finishing up with dinner I've picked up on Nash's behavior with Emma. He's rude and mean which she just chooses to ignore most of the time. It's sad and I now understand why Cam worries about him so much and wants him so close. 

I can see how Nash is so different here. He doesn't even want to be here.

Opening the window, my stomach twist nervously. Cam finally makes his way in, making my stomach twist for other reasons. 

"Your dad loves me. Why are you making me do this?" Cam closes the window behind him.

I interlace my fingers together to keep them from shaking. "I wanted to talk."

Chuckling softly, he walks over to the middle of my bed and patting the spot next to him, "Come here, Cookie. I won't tell you this could've been done over the phone because having you close feels too good." 

I sit next to him and he immediately pulls me against him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Allowing me to lean in. I feel nervous, excited, scared. 

I think I'm ready to tell him how I actually feel. He obviously doesn't hold back when he says he likes being close to me and my kisses, etc. But, I really want to talk about our relationship. I need to know if what he's saying is real.

I open my mouth to speak, but his phone rings in his hand and the name Nash lights up. 

"Hold on, Cookie." He tells me before answering. His body has gone from relaxed to rigid. He whisper shouts, "What the fuck do you mean the cops are involved, Nash. Mom just left for vacation this morning...fuck...I'm on my way."

He gets up from the bed and leans down to peck my lips after hanging up, "I'm sorry, Livy. I have to go get Nash before the cops get there. Or at least when they get there."

Getting off the bed, I follow him towards the window and stop him, "Wait. My dad can help."

Shaking his head, he leans down to peck my lips again, "Not getting your old man involved in this."

"Okay." I whisper, "Where's Nash?"

Groaning he turns to the window again while opening it, "The warehouse by the mall. He got caught doing graffiti with his friends."

I take a mental note of the warehouse before I nod.

"Call me when you get the chance." I bite down on my lip watching him climb out.

"I will." He says before climbing down. 

Shutting the window, I turn and walk towards my door. Cam might not want the help, but it would be better if he had it. Opening my door, I walk to my parent's bedroom door and knock. I have to knock one more time before my dad opens it.