Namesake -Faramir

Start from the beginning

Faramir walked with you with your arm on his. You both walked back to your chambers, talking along the way. He shook his head, a gesture that told you he absolutely had no idea what the congratulations was for.

"I figured that you would know," he said. "She told me this when she received a letter from her father, Lord Elrond."

Ah, the Lord of Rivendell, you thought. Of course Elrond would know. He could see into the future. You were just surprised that he was able to see you in his visions.

"Hmm, that is rather odd," you mused. You opened the door to your chambers and told him to go wash and get changed into more comfortable clothes. When he left, you took the box on the bedside table and placed it on your lap.

Goodness, now that you were nearing the time that you'd have to tell him the news, you were getting more nervous. You forced yourself to breathe in and out slowly. It worked to help you calm down for a while, but when you heard Faramir walking back to the room where you were, you nearly jumped out of your seat.

"What is that box for, (Y/N)?" he asked, making his way to sit on the bed beside you.

You took a deep breath and handed it to him. "It is a gift for you."

"For me? What for? It isn't my birthday today, is it?" he asked, grinning as he took the box from your hands. He opened the box and you nearly laughed at the unfathomable expression on his face when he saw the blanket. "(Y/N), what is this blanket for? Are you telling me that I will be sleeping on the floor tonight? Have I done something wrong?"

You couldn't contain your laughter anymore as you shook your head. Faramir still had his eyebrows raised, an amused smile on his lips (he actually did think he had done something wrong for you to make him sleep on the floor).

"No, my love, it isn't just a blanket," you said.

"There is more?"

You nodded and let him take the blanket out of the box. He unfolded the blanket and when he lifted it up, the small pair of knitted socks fell and landed on the floor. Faramir took notice of this and set the blanket aside, leaning forward to see what had fallen.

You bit your lip as you watched him reach down to take the little socks in his hands. He looked at them for a few minutes, and you wrung your hands while watching his face.

It was as if he was in a daze. He had gone quiet, his eyes had a distant look in them but a few moments later they started to well up with tears. Faramir pursed his lips and cleared his throat before saying, "Is this why Lady Arwen sent her best wishes? Is this why she looked very happy when she told me that?"

The tears that started to run down his cheeks made you tear up too. Even with tears running down your cheeks, you beamed at him and nodded.

"I found out a few days ago," you whispered.

Faramir turned to you and you watched his dazed look slowly turn into the warmest and brightest smile he could muster. He dropped the socks on the bed and wrapped his arms around you. To your surprise, he stood up and with you still in his arms, lifted you up and spun around a few times. His lips once again found yours and you melted in his arms. All your worries faded away and you were left remembering the feeling you had on the day you married Faramir.

"I am going to be a father," he said. "We are going to be parents. Oh, I am so happy!"

He hugged you once more and suddenly he was opening the doors and running out of your room. You called out to him, asking him where he was off to, and Faramir shouted, "I am off to tell everyone this great news, my love! I will be back!"

You leaned against the doorframe with arms crossed across your chest and a smile on your face, watching him go and shout at everyone he met that he was going to be a father soon.

Bonus:

Hours of enduring pain and fatigue, your child was finally in your arms. You held your baby gingerly and smiled at his soft cries.

The door opened and in came Faramir, who only had the chance to come to you now because of his other duties. When he saw you and your child, his eyes softened.

You looked up to him and smiled. "It's a boy, my love."

Faramir beamed at this news, although even if your baby was a girl he would love them all the same. But the reason Faramir was so happy was that there was something he wanted to do.

"I shall send him a letter right away," Faramir said. "Oh, I hope it reaches the  Shire quickly."

You nodded. "Go, my love. I am sure he will be very happy to hear such news."

You watched Faramir run out of the room before smiling back down at your child. You caressed his cheek and let him hold your finger before whispering, 

"Welcome to the world, Peregrin. Or shall we call you Pippin?"