Bistado -Faramir

(Author's Notes: this is a request made by dear Cali! Hiiiii! 💕 Also I just searched for a random old English name and got stuck with Durward so forgive me if it sounds odd hnnggghhh I also don't know how to write fight scenes wodkendpawhejiw)

"Durward, you will be sparring with (Y/N)."

"Yes, my lord."

Faramir approached Boromir, trying to be discrete. But Boromir could easily detect the frown on his brother's face because of his decision.

"Brother, you think it wise to partner (Y/N) with Durward?" Faramir asked. "You know how he was and what his opinions were when (Y/N) joined the guards."

Boromir smirked and placed a hand on his little brother's shoulder. "That is precisely why I partnered them-so that Durward will see why (Y/N) was allowed to be one of us."

They looked at where you and the other guard were standing. From afar, it seemed as if the two of you were merely standing and waiting for the signal to start practicing. They couldn't see that Durward was sending you glares and you were trying your best not to roll your eyes at the man.

The guards of Gondor were mostly made up of men and only a handful were women. The women that had found their way into the guards were always stationed to be gatekeepers or were always stationed to guard places that, in your humble opinion, did not really need to be guarded. They were not directly saying that, in their eyes, women were weak, but with these simple things you could tell what their opinions were.

So when you joined, you weren't going to let them get away with pushing you around. No, you were going to make a stand and climb your way up in the ranks. And you did. You were now the right hand of Faramir. But even when you showed what you were really made of, there was one who absolutely loathed the idea of having you there.

And that person was your sparring partner today.

"The guards is no place for a lady," Durward spat. "You should not be wearing armor nor holding a sword or a bow and arrow. You should be at home, wearing skirts and holding a needle and thread."

"Your words make me want to become an elf instead of being someone like you, Durward, for even Mirkwood's captain of the guards is a female," you said. "Women have the freedom to choose what they want to wield. And whatever choice they make, it does not make them less of a woman."

Durward scowled, his hands turning into fists. You did the same as you saw Boromir partner up the last few people.

Boromir took a deep breath.

"Start!"

Durward ran forward as soon as the word left Boromir's lips. He threw a punch but you saw this and you squatted down to avoid his blow. Your sparring partner was driven by anger and you took it as an advantage. You stretched out your leg and swept it under his feet, making him stumble. But he managed to stay upright and Durward decided to land a kick on your stomach.

You fell onto the ground and groaned but there was no time to think about the pain. You rolled away just before Durward's foot could squash you. Quickly getting up on your feet, you pulled on his leg. This time Durward fell and before he could get up you punched him on the face.

"Stop!"

With much effort you pushed yourself up and rubbed your knuckles on the hand you used to throw a punch. You preferred the bow but you understood the need to be able to fight in hand-to-hand combat. Good thing the sparring was short or else you would have had more bruises.

As you walked towards where the others were gathering, you did not notice Durward get up and run to you. He tackled you down and pinned you under him. Caught off guard, it took you a moment to understand what was going on but before you could react, Durward's fists made contact with your face.