The Little Moments That Bring Us Joy -Glorfindel

(If Glorfindel seems weird here, I apologize. T_T

thought it would be nice to incorporate some of the little things I find joy in. Sometimes we get so overwhelmed by the bad stuff that's happening in the world, we forget to appreciate the little moments that make us smile. I hope this reminds you of them.)

"What makes you happy?"

"Eating meals with the people you love. Sometimes we tend to skip meals because we have a lot of things to do that we forget how nice it is to just relax and eat and talk to loved ones."

"Glorfindel?" you said, your eyes following your husband who was running around the room while fixing his hair. "Glorfindel, you must eat before you leave."

"I have no time for that, my love," he said as he grabbed the things he would need throughout the day. "I am running late. Lord Elrond is expecting me to be there before 9 in the morning."

"I woke you up at 7, dear, but you refused to get up." You sighed sadly.

"Now is not the time for this, (Y/N). I really must get going." He stopped so he could press a kiss on your forehead. "I shall see you later."

Before you could even say anything, Glorfindel was already out of the door. You hung your head and looked at the food you had prepared. With a sigh, you started to eat alone. You had been wanting to eat meals together again but Glorfindel was always busy. From morning till the evening, he was gone. He would come home just in time for dinner. But even dinners were dull. He would ask if you could bring him some tea into his study and he will stay in his study until he has to leave the next morning. When Glorfindel is in need of sleep, he would stay up until midnight and go to bed and wake up late.

There was just no time for meals together.

You were quite disappointed that he did no effort to make time for you. You weren't asking that he throw away his duties, no. But you knew that some of the work he does at home could be done outside of the house.

When you finished eating, you started to clean up and prepare for your day as well. You were one of the healers in Imladris and on days that you all weren't busy, they provide good company. But whenever you come home and prepare for dinner, the loneliness settles in and you are left with an empty chair across yours.

Glorfindel wasn't oblivious to this. He knew he needed to make time. But his mind is always busy, always thinking. He felt he needed to do a lot of work, especially with the current events. Glorfindel figured you'd be just fine. After all, you still see each other during the day and when at home. So when he came home that evening, his mind was still racing with things he needed to know, needed to practice for, and needed to write down.

But they all came to a stop when he saw you.

You were sitting on the table, absentmindedly chewing as you stared into nothingness. There was an empty plate and an empty chair across you. Glorfindel's heart ached at the sight of you looking so lonely. So he quickly made his way to you and sat on the chair across yours.

You blinked in surprise as Glorfindel gave you a sad smile.

"Glorfindel?" you asked, dumbfounded by the fact that he had come home earlier than expected and that he did not walk straight to his study.

"I hope you can forgive me, my love. I call myself your husband and yet I could not make time to eat meals with you," he said with head hung low. "I'm so sorry."

Your throat started to hurt and tears started to form in your eyes. But you could not fight back the smile that was starting to form on your lips.

"I'll forgive you if you'll eat dinner with me," you said and you gave him a teary-eyed smile as he looked up at you.

"Of course," said Glorfindel and he let you fill his plate with the food that you had cooked.

"So how was your day?" you asked. "I heard you were training with the guards this afternoon. It must have been quite tiring."

He chuckled. "You underestimate me, my dear. I have fought and died and fought again—this is nothing compared to those days."

"Alright, alright, you don't have to bring that up again," you said, laughing at how he rolled his eyes.

This little moment did not come often but whenever it did, it made you happy and it made you look forward for the next ones. Eating dinner with you that evening reminded him why he always looked forward to eating meals with you before. Then and there he made a silent promise that he would make more time to sit down with you and enjoy each other's presence. But of course, due to the evil that started to wreak havoc, he was busier than before. But from that point, you were more understanding because he never failed to join you for meals whenever he has the time to do so. And the conversations you had during those meals were memories that made you happy. It made the days and years to come bearable.

It made you look forward to something.

It made life worth living.