T W E N T Y E I G H T

Start from the beginning

Yes, he made me wait! 

I gazed at the sea, thinking nothing. Honestly, my mind was as blank as a canvas paper before the paints were slithered on them to enact feelings. Unaware of whether it was my physical exhaustion or just being tired of thinking, I was just looking at the farthest end of the shore and breathing in the soothing smell of petrichor. 

However I convinced myself that I'd survive this, it felt harder every next day as it passed. Being under the same roof with the devil, who was corporealy stronger and politically could destroy my being was something that bothered me everytime I close my eyes. And above that his ordeal which changes faster than the dusk and dawn, had held me by my nerves. 

Breathing had become harder. I regret every moment spent with him and majorly regretted the feeling which had started brewing within me of loving him. But, as he was a human too, I couldn't trust him. And he proved it to me. And I cannot say how thankful I was of him in this matter. I had known very well that I could never let another person into my bubble but I sealed it at the right time. 

The dark blue had already consumed the orange and pink of the sky. I could witness grey clouds making their way too. It was certainly gonna rain. 

"Hey," a boyish voice said. The first thing I noticed about him was his golden curly hair. He looked like a vampire to me; light brown eyes, thin pointed nose, narrow lips and wide, friendly smile. I hated him at first sight. His blue transparent shirt was open and white skinny pants had brown stains of beach sand. 

"I am married." I stated sharply, turning my attention back to the water. The tides seemed to race, maybe they had bet that who'd win would get a cookie. 

"Is it forbidden in your marriage certificate that you can't make friends?" He smiled widely, a dimple graced his cheek. Maybe I don't hate him anymore. 

"Yeah… I don't mind being friends, I guess." I replied trying to fight the smile which was battling to appear. He did have a unique call for humor and charm man! 

"Ah ah… don't hide that smile behind your hair." He laughed, bumping his shoulder with mine out of a sudden so I almost tripped to the other side. I rolled my lips into my mouth but a breezy laugh managed to roll out. 

"So why is this beautiful married girl doing here alone?" He asked, munching on some chocolate bar which I denied to accept politely. 

"What are you doing here alone?" I countered back, tuning properly towards him, successful dodging his previous intruding query. And also, making a friend won't hurt I think. 

And here my theory of hating humans goes to drain… 

"I am not alone. You see there," He said pointing towards aan who was wearing identical clothes like him, just his shirt was pink. 

"Yes… " I nodded. 

"He's my boyfriend." He solemnly confessed. I arched a single eyebrow at him with amazement then nodded appreciatively at his honesty. 

"Yes I am totally and utterly, one hundred percent gay. I wasn't flirting with you, you just seemed… sad." He explained, his words not holding much sound but it stuck me deep. 

"Just here and there… nothing serious." I dismissed the topic. 

"You know what, I sometimes date a few lucky girls too." He winked naughtily earning an unlady-like snot from me. 

"Now, some people like chocolate and some like strawberry but some like butterscotch too."

"Sorry… I didn't get the significance at the receiving end." I chuckled hesitantly.