S I X T E E N [1]

SIXTEEN: WRONG DIRECTION & FLASHBACKS. 

THEODORE RAYMOND'S POV 

IMAGINE, NO, JUST imagine for a second, a girl who'd talk as if sputtering words from her mouth were gold, now that girl itself talked like there wasn't a word in English Dictionary known as 'Stop'. 

She kept mumbling the lyrics of whichever song she pleased, imitated Barack Obama's speeches(surprisingly, yes!), and spoke Latin all of a sudden, stating quotes and facts. 

No, wait. This isn't the end. Her mouth did these deeds. Don't you dare forget her other body component's functions.

Her hands explored through the glove compartment like she owned it and her wistful eyes kept passing the taunting, naughty glances whenever she'd find something that she would not have predicted. And, this girl conceives and judges people so easily as if it was just 'addition - subtraction sums' and not 'trigonometry'. 

Suddenly, she held the steering wheel and turned it towards her. My heart jumped to my mouth at the unforeseen action and I pressed the break out of stimuli. My breath was coming as pants and my eyes snapped at her. 

"Are you out of your mind? You would have got us killed." I huff raucously. 

Calm down heart. 

"Shut up," she shouts blazingly. 

"YOU, HOLD ON FOR A SECOND. Let me capture a picture of what's going on and present it in front of you. You get us both almost killed and you are getting angry at me?! I swear if you'd haven't been drunk you have no idea what I have done to you." My voice came out dangerous and promising. And I acclimated myself for it. 

"I don't want to go to your home as your fuck buddy. I want to go to my place." She sneered, clenching her teeth. 

Childishness. First phase of being high. 

Anger. Second phase. 

What was coming next? For, then I would really need to buckle my seat belts. 

Unconsciously, my hands checked if I had my seat belt on. They were on. *sighs*

"For God's sake, you aren't my whore. You aren't even half qualified to match my standards. So, don't get your hopes high." I found this the only way to convince her. 

"I don't trust you." She gave her ultimatum, crossed her hands across her bust and looked away, huffing. 

"I am not going to tolerate your Shit anymore. I'll drive."

"I will jump out from the car window then."

"You won't dare to." I uttered with pressed teeth. 

"I'll prove it to you then." She gave her final warning looking into my eyes and then turned. I quickly pressed the button, so that she won't be able to open the window or the car. 

She realized this mere thing after she had almost smashed the switch. Turning around slowly with her jaw clamped so tenaciously that her mandible was highlighted perfectly. Her eyes held rage and potential. 

I realized that I shouldn't be playing with fire when kerosene was just a few inches far. 

"Fine! Tell me where to drive." I seethed out and banged my hand on the wheel for dramatic effect. Yeah, you should try it too. That scares people. 

"Gladly."

"Turn left. Then right on the supermarket road."

"Head straight. Yeah, yeah and pass the cinema."

"Roundabout."

"Turn right. Right on the next corner."

"Cross this street and take a left."

"Now take a right. Right on the supermarket road. Oh, there are two supermarket roads?" She wonders. 

"Damn. We are passing the supermarket road thrice in one hour." I bang my head on the steering wheel twice. A strangled sigh escaped my lips and I felt my eyes dropping due to the maddening condition. Darn me! How on earth am I going to spend one year with this psycho. 

"Okay, promise this time we will find our destination. Just go straight and take a left. "

"Let yourself be warned. This is the last time." I vocalized alarmingly and revved the engine turning around. 

After three minutes, we pulled in front of the 'Hargrave Enterprise & Corporation'. She rushed barefooted as soon as I unlocked her side. I parked the car on the main road. Sauntering inside, I passed the massive reception and greeting area. Not a single person was out, just the guards who let us enter. 

I had a glimpse of a girl in a wine tinted dress at a distance. Catching me come towards her, she yelped and scrambled into the elevator. This was none other than 'her'. 

I waited till the former elevator brisked up till the forty-seventh floor. Quickly getting into the elevator adjacent to it I pressed for the forty-seventh floor. 

There was a compact sitting area in the middle and a wooden single door room at the West wing. I strode towards it, unsure if she would be there or not. 

I slowly pushed the door and peeked inside. There she was! Standing near the floor to the ceiling glass window. I pawed inside quietly, doubting if this girl sprinted away any moment. 

The room was ginormous. An old rusty stench with a tinge of sandalwood brimmed my nostrils. My every footstep echoed and there was an unsettling calmness as if a murder might have happened here. 

The big oak desk was furnished at the center, a sofa set on one side, and a massive shelf piled with files and folders. 

"This is a plastic world. Every shining crystal lighting and those glowing skyscrapers. All. All are plastic." Her words came out low as if they have been shadowed by a million thoughts and a fistful of experience. 

"Everyone is so good at acting and some are clever enough to earn money through it. All of them keep radiating their ever perfect life all day and by night...they turn into a beast. Desperate and needy. I loathe these types of people… and somewhere I am one of them."

I was out of my wits and confused beyond the graph will be an understatement. Bit by bit, things started making sense. 

The third phase of being drunk-Sadness.

"Plastic world of masked visages with fake smiles." She smiled weirdly to herself. 

It looked like she was totally open and vulnerable. As if she'd collapse like a corpse any second. Her face was hideous and eyes held grief, as they looked at a distance, towards the many confidently standing buildings with dominance. 

I wanted to know what made her so weak yet she behaved like a metal, strong and shiny. 

"Did you have a bad experience with that high school guy?" The words came out of my mouth. I might have worried about other circumstances, but now she was drunk. She'd not even remember it tomorrow. I was relieved. 

"I might be drunk but I am not so drunk that I'll tell you my deepest, deadliest secrets." She said, sparing me a brief glance, eyeing me properly and warningly. 

And here I thought I'll get things out of her without any difficulty. 

But astonishingly she spoke, "It was the senior year of high school…" 

*~end of the first part of chapter sixteen~*