T W E N T Y O N E

TWENTY ONE : SPEECH & DANCE

"I JUST WANT to start by congratulating Christian Raymond on his wonderful speech. I always knew it'd be hard to follow and I was right, I couldn't follow a word of it." Blake shakes his head feigning disapproval and some snicker while other grumbles in annoyance. But most of us roar out of happiness. I shifted my sight to look over and find Theodore's lips pulled up a little. My heart flutters a little too. 

I crane my neck to pretend  looking what's Christian's reaction when Theodore's eyes land on me. Though, I very well know that Christian went to attend some guests. 

"So, ladies and gentlemen, I Blake Lawoshki and you all lovely peeps are gathered here to celebrate something truly magical, something so rare and fortuitous and wonderful that it simply must be celebrated. I am, of course, talking about the open bar, donut walls and photo booth." He completed with an assuring nod. The audience bursted out into another fit of laughter echoing in the hall, bouncing against the walls. 

"Okay, okay. Jokes apart. I'll begin by giving some relationship advice but unfortunately I am single and spend most of my time trying to coax my kitten into little outfits-"

"Dude, just admit that you cannot stick around with a single vagina." This time, even I couldn't stop myself from laughing and notice how my voice ceased amongst other hysteric guffaws.

But Blake completely ignored the previous comment and continues nonetheless. "And playing rock paper scissor with Alexa, yeah my Google assistant." The colour of his face changed and he spoke as realization dawned on him. "And I see that everyone in our group is no longer single! Oh Jesus…" 

We howl in laughter again at his sarcastic manueavor. 

"So… well, I just forgot the other half of my speech in the midst of your howls," He acted as if he was checking his pockets and then dropped his smiley face into a scowl.

 "Since I don't have anything good to say then we'll let me tell you a bit about Theodore Raymond." He paused and looked over to us. "Tall and handsome, rich and intelligent who sweeps girls off their feet with his brooding eyes and perfect lips." Hai eyes squinted as he taunted, unfazed.

"Oh those Lusty cupid bow lips. I am so jealous of you right now, Aurellia Hargrave!" His voice blared through the microphone. I crunched my face at the sudden screeching sound of the microphone.

But then, instantly his lips tugged up and a naughty smile playing upon them. "But you don't mind sharing with me right?" He tilted his face, cooking his eyebrows dramatically. 

"No," I instantly replied. 

"Yes." Theodore's heavy voice injectered. 

"Oh my wonderful Lia and shut up 'Theo." He halts and winked at me. "Call me for a threesome anytime you feel like. I'd always be available for you guys." He said in a matter of factly tone. 

Theodore, beside me shot him an angry glare and opened his mouth. But Blake cuts him saying 'You're welcome', almost dismissingly.

Honestly, it was fun watching all these friends bicker around. It was refreshing and a hell lot of humorous. 

"Now, am I delaying the event?" He asked looking over to the host for the evening. "I was the last one to give the speech right?" He queried again, but without waiting for the affirmation, he continued anyway. I looked over at the poor even manager who was scrowling. 

"So, I'll be with you guys for a little bit more." The crowd acknowledged by howling unceremoniously, totally enthusiastic. 

"Looks like people love me, huh? Let me tell you a bit about our teenage days… I recall this incident… how Theo use to lock me in the bathrooms, so that I end up cleaning the garden as detention punishment. Yeah, he was such a shitty friend."