Hang Fire

"Scarlett Mason, The Famous Designer lynched at his place!" "The Q-murders is back again!" "Queen of Spades found!" entitled the newspaper boldened heading in the front page itself. "Murder of the designer, Scarlett mason!", "Found hanging", "Who could it be?!" the newsboys and girls with flat hats called their lungs out, shouting at the top of their voice, one hand grabbing a large poster, noted in big bold capital letters, "BEWARE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY! 

Blake and Mort were present at the crime scene. Inside the house, an unpleasant odour of smoke could be perceived. Moving upstairs where the designer was murdered, in his room, the burning smell grew more. Reaching the top landing of the stair, they entered the room of the killed designer was found hanging. 

They looked around in bewilderment. There was a cram-full lot of half-burned, slightly-melted and blackened mannequins encircling the garrotted and burned body, strangled by a red prom belt attached to a ceiling fan. They even spotted a Queen of Spades in the frontmost-positioned mannequin pined with a knife. 

Blake proceeded into the crowd of models and approached the corpse. The skull was half-appearing along with the hand-bones. Blake stared at the prom belt and murmured, "The same dress of the red prom that Clarice wore."

Precipitously, Blake's eyes broadened and twinkled then he got out of the clump of models and went out spontaneously, calling for Mort. 

   "What happened? What has turned you up?" Mort questioned.

   "It's the symbolization that should be regarded. Earrings represent womanhood, knives symbolise death and guns dangers and damages... and poker challenges." Blake said, placing his hands behind his head. 

   "What are you talking about?"

   "Her next prey will be me." Blake said, "It's a hang fire. Let's go to 115 B.E."

...