The Jack of Spades

Blake's eyes were squeezed and his fingers were placed at both sided od the head, sitting on his armchair.

   "Gotta go the graveyard." shouted Blake suddenly, standing up strenuously and marched downstairs the door slamming energetically. 

   "What fucking graveyard now." murmured Mort, sighing and getting up on his feet. Mort couldn't sip all cup of tea and read his last phrases of the article in the newspaper. He rushed to him like a loyal dog. 

He spotted Blake walking up the street hurriedly, as fast as a rodent. Mort was left lagging behind, trapped and drowned into an encompassing crowd going to and fro, tapping with him on the way. He tried to shout for him but Blake didn't even twist his neck to turn. However, Mort managed to struggle the huddle, jostling to make up his way. Finally, he assayed to catch him.

   "Where are you going?." he asked.

   "To St Louis Graveyard. Guess why I didn't take a cab? Cause the graveyard is too neighbouring, You must use your brain, Mort." he said, grinningly.

Reaching there, they entered the gateway. "Search for the tombs of Henry Dolp and Michael Steward." stated Blake, clearing his throat, "Go to the right, I go to the right."

They patrolled among the graves searching for the names engraved in the tombs.

   "Yeah, got it, Dolp... Dolp Henry." exclaimed Mort, triumphantly. 

   "Me too Steward Michael, the other one." stated Blake crouching on this knee, hunting for something.

Suddenly he exclaimed with a frenzy of excitement, "I knew it, I just knew it, I just simply knew it." he said, a card between his fingers. 

He turned his hand that was gabbing the card and showed it to Mort. It was a Playin Card of Jack. 

   "It was stabbed into the ground next to the grave." Blake declared, "Ought to revisit the place, Mort."