"It really does amaze me that you go out every night and you're not afraid," Romeo remarked, pulling me along as he turned to the right, taking us off the main street. I pondered over his words, realising I'd never really cared about the risk of anything bad happening to me. If something did ever happen it would probably just speed up the process of me attempting suicide again.

Noticing my subtle change in mood, he quickly added onto his words. "But," he elongated, making sure he had my full attention, "you don't have to worry any longer, because now I'll be here to save you!"

He grinned as I scoffed at his arrogance, taking a moment to admire the smile stretching across his defined cheekbones. The moonlight only heightened the sharpness of his jaw, elucidating a faintly ominous shadow below his face as the abnormality of his aristocratic features seemed to amplify the longer I looked.

"You know I'm perfectly capable of saving myself right?" I smiled back at him, confused when his whole expression seemed to light up at my words.

"Oh, I know," he nodded assuredly, "I'm just making sure you do."

I pondered over his words, taking a few moments before I registered the double meaning, rolling my eyes as he appeared proud as ever. I glanced away from him, noticing we were in a much quieter area that would have been surrounded by darkness if not for the few streetlights dotted around. "If you can't tell me where we're going, then what are we going to do?"

He sent me an all-knowing look, taking his time to respond with one of his many vague answers. "Something."

"I'm being serious," I huffed, wishing I could stop smiling so he'd take me seriously. He remained silent, leading us down another turn much darker than before, with high walls either side of us allowing barely any moonlight to shine through. "Romeo."

"Yeah?"

"If you've brought me out here to kill me, then please, go ahead."

He shook his head, a light chuckle escaping his lips before he stopped moving. My eyes hadn't adjusted to the decrease in light yet, and all I could see was pure nothingness before us. "What now?"

"The pathway gets narrower from here," Romeo showed, causing me to blink a few times before I could see the faint outline he was referring to. "You'll have to walk behind me." Before I could argue that it was too dark so I could hardly see anything, Romeo already had a solution.

Wordlessly he stood ahead of me, but stretched his arm out behind him for me to hold onto as I followed him. I held on fairly tight as I stumbled behind him, my feet getting caught on the odd stone or branch beneath us.

The familiarity of his touch bothered me, as though I was getting used to something I shouldn't. I could always count on my constant flow of negative thoughts to snap me out of it, and after less than a minute into the silence I had successfully convinced myself that his kindness could only last so long, and that getting attached would only leave me ending up hurt.

Eventually the walls widened again, a few hung lights illuminating our path until we came to a stop in front of one ridiculously long wall, starting from our end and ending somewhere off in the distance. But that wasn't what left me speechless: it was the art.

Graffiti adorned most of the empty spaces, thought-provoking quotes and intricate images stretching across the bleak red brick to give it the splash of creativity it so desperately lacked. Wow.

"Did you do all this?" I breathed out, completely in a trance as I turned to face Romeo, stood watching me with a small smile.

He nodded, shrugging off his rucksack and reaching inside while I watched curiously as he pulled out two bandanas. "And now, you can too." He chucked one at me, leaving me no option but to catch it while he removed a spray can, holding it out to me before the weight of his words sunk in.